BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, i'm getting a set for myself today, the Model 900 ones and i'll try to swing a deal by telling him more people will order later if i like mine. But, in the mean time, is there anyone else who wants to order one TODAY??(Wednesday, by 12 noon) I'm ordering two for sure. If you are in for sure, PM me by 12 noon. They go for $219 and you only have 7% gst, no pst to pay. 6 or more will cost you $209. overnight shipping available which i might go for 'cause i'm impatient.

For anyone interested who didn't catch the conversation earlier, here's the thread.
http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=954

If you're on the bubble, don't worry, there will be another opportunity for a group purchase soon, as many on this board have shown interest.

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
Just so that your all aware, $209 was the price if we buy 6 or more, and I will more the likely be ordering 2 shortly. Just not this month. :p

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Please write detailed feedback on the product when you do get a chance to use them.

I experimented with a cheapy setup this weekend on a ride to Harrison. Regular FRS walkies with a 60$ earpiece adapter.

There were 3 options, hi-sensitivity voice activation, low-sens voice act. and button activated communication. The two voice activations were slow to pick up your voice and ended up cutting half the sentence off. The hi-sensitivity voice activiatoin would just pick up everything and would never turn off. We could only use the button activation with the unit hooked conveniently on the collar or waist. Basically this cheapy unit was barely audible in the city and pretty much useless on the highway.

"vfffMmmMmaaaj ffffaabababbb aafmfm df afd .......ph agzz zaahm...gotit?"

All types of communicaiton were one way only - you would have to use walkie talkie protocol. I hope you Collet communicator has better results.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
check the thread i posted a link to. Digi168 has them and gives his review.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Okay. Done! I ended up ordering a model 900, and a model 900 plus 'cause two model 900's can't be used between a passenger and rider. The grand total with $30 UPS two business day shipping will be about $570 or so......
Will post more when i get them.

I guess i won't eat for this moth....

·
Registered
634 Posts
i think its that they wont plug into each other, for the passenger driver situation... could be wrong though. I'm sure they can still talk on the wireless frequency

-arai-

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it has to do with the proximaty of the passenger and the rider on the samebike. For some reason two 900's right beside each other won't work, i guess something to do with the transmitting frequency or something. That's what she said.... so for passengers you need the 900 Plus model.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
It is like any wireless, two way radio, if you don't have at least 5 feet of separation you just get to much static. Kind of like having two cordless phones by the same manufacture in your house doesn't work to well.

·
Slow
271 Posts
My GF and I each have a Collette 900. We have no issues going 2-up as far as static goes. Actually no issues at all. I've heard that idea about static before but we've never had it ... and that's over at least 40 hours of total use riding 2-up.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
no problems with my Communicators

Yeah, along with JoeyRF, I've never had any problems using my Communicators with a passenger, I have the 2 unit model though which is designed specifically for 2-up riding. To me it's a great product, although I can only be bothered to use it if the trip is over a couple hours, otherwise it's just distracting. My 2 bits.

·
Slow
271 Posts
I've got one more thing to add: never expose your Communicator to vibration. Ie: do not store it in your underseat storage area or anywhere else that may vibrate it.

I understand that when exposed to vibration, the crystal inside (or something like that) can get de-tuned from the proper frequency. If this happens you'll be sending or receiving squelchy sounding transmissions.

I think Collette can re-tune the devices if you have this happen but I'd seriously recommend just keeping your Communicator away from vibration ... aside from wind buffetting, of course. ;)

·
Slow
271 Posts
Re: no problems with my Communicators

BladeRunner said:
... To me it's a great product, although I can only be bothered to use it if the trip is over a couple hours, otherwise it's just distracting. My 2 bits.
So you're having problems dealing with the "Chatty Cathys" huh? :p

1 - 13 of 13 Posts