BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Twin B
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anybody hear of this?

New 2.19 mile road course located in the northern interior of Oregon, south of The Dalles. Future development phases include an adjacent road course to be used independently or in conjunction with the phase one course, a 1/4 mile drag strip, sprint Kart road course, 3/8 mile oval and a club house facility.
Planning on laying track April 07 and open August.

http://www.oregonraceway.com/

Always happy to hear about a new track. Too bad it isn't here.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I heard about this on wmrra site. I checked mapquest and its about 5hr 20 min drive (PIR is 5hr drive). That's very reasonable. Cant wait! I think 2-fast will have some late 07 dates.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I saw that one on 2Fast's website, they are planning on some Oct 07 track days their. Hopefully it doesn't turn into a Merrit....'cause it looks like a really nice track! :rockon

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Make a note of it and save it for future reference for the RV&Track days trip...:tredmill

·
Twin B
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Make a note of it and save it for future reference for the RV&Track days trip...:tredmill
Hell yeah. We have to do that. One day. Rent a RV, take three weeks off criss-crossing the west coast doing track days. Seattle, Portland, Miller, Laguna, Infineon, and now Oregon.

Who's with me? :rockon

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I know some of us were thinking about taking a trip down to Oregon this summer. Makes for a nice added incentive.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Is it just me or does the land look a little soft? I bet that place won't be cheap to build to firm up the land. Looks pretty sweet though

·
Still defying gravity...
2,853 Posts
Best part is that track is surrounded by amazing roads around The Dalles, including the Rowena Curves. And to get there, you pretty much have to go through Mt St Helens :rockon

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Is it just me or does the land look a little soft? I bet that place won't be cheap to build to firm up the land. Looks pretty sweet though

Piece of cake.

There is a soft layer of ash (from St. Helen) and its easy excavation to get down to hardpan. Unlike Merrit, there are no rock to blast and no steep slopes to terrace.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Why would you build a track ??? everyone knows they don't make money ???, right , i guess that's why down south every state has two for three tracks .pisses a guy off to know that we are really like that in canada ,lots back east what's the big problem really,ooo maybe after 2010 maybe there might be some money from somewhere maybe .top fuel funny cars down town mission no prob . FULL road course not happening what is up with that .that track looks swell i,m sure it will be done right would be nice .on the brighter side we have somewhere to race and thanks to those that provide and make it happen.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.