BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need some hockey players for Friday night at Richmond Ice Center from 10:45pm-12:15am. We start playing in April.

It's organized but casual hockey. Meaning no body checking and fighting. Basically good, clean, fun hockey. The average age of our guys is about 30-years old. We're short a few guys this season so if you're interested in playing and think you may fit in then PM me for more information. Thanks.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
I know a goalie if you need one.
She's supposed to be really good.
Should I bother giving her the info, or do you not play with girls?

She only plays with guys, as girls are 'not fast enough'.

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jester666 said:
I know a goalie if you need one.
She's supposed to be really good.
Should I bother giving her the info, or do you not play with girls?

She only plays with guys, as girls are 'not fast enough'.
We don't discriminate on gender. We actually had a female goalie sub in a few weeks ago and she was great. May be same person?

Yes, please pass info to her. I'll PM you with our contact info.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
RiceRocket said:
We don't discriminate on gender. We actually had a female goalie sub in a few weeks ago and she was great. May be same person?

Yes, please pass info to her. I'll PM you with our contact info.
kewl. I'll pass it on
cheers

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
How much is ice time and how good do you have to be? I was thinking of playing again but it's been a long while.

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flowrider said:
How much is ice time and how good do you have to be? I was thinking of playing again but it's been a long while.
It's $125 for 10 games, and we play for 1.5 hours. We have a range of skill levels but most are intermediate. Most of the guys are just out to have fun. It's not serious competition. The main thing is you can skate and stop, and have all the gear. You can always come out and try a game first.

And for those that can't commit weekly, we can always put you on our sub list when we're short players for a game.

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
How much is the signing bonus and how many years in the contract? Never mind, i'll have my agent contact you. Does it matter that I can't skate, stop, have no skill and refuse to play unless I can take my beer out on the ice with me?

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I've got one more spot available. We start this Friday. 10:45pm @ Richmond Ice. Let me know if you're interested.

·
Registered Abuser
2,051 Posts
If you're still doing this let me know. I'm just getting back into it after 8 years so I suck pretty bad right now and could use the ice time to work on getting the ol legs back.

·
What we play is life.
730 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Bump up. We start playing again at Richmond Ice on April 13th and have 2 spots to fill. If you're interested in playing PM me.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts

·
Meet you on Sedna!
275 Posts
Few notes to add to RiceRocket's post... inflation (and increased fees from the rink!) have kicked in, so it's $140 for 10 games now.

Skill level is varied but everyone can skate forwards/backwards and play their own positions... I'd guess about DIV 6-8 in the beer leagues.

Only 2 spots remaining, so PM to RiceRocket fast!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts