BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
I ain't not no genius
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hay gang, just got home from the hospital yesterday. had a wicked highside on saturday in victoria. was ejected from bike about 15' according to witnesses. i broke my left tib and fib compound. the bike is amazingly ok. not much danage at all. the leg has titanium in it now they tell me. rod and pins. police called it no fault. i'm fine. will be going ahead with racing plans in 2007 though delayed i am sure. it was my '06 gsxr 600

dont ever underestimate the bottom end on these babies.

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
Please tell me it wasn't the RSV...

...I mean... I'm glad to hear you're alright.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Good to hear you're ok. At least you did the crash properly !! :)

·
Vindicated
3,419 Posts
ouch.. glad you're ok.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Spero did the same thing at Mission a few years back. Same thing, SRAD to the highside.

Not a fun recovery. Glad to hear you are OK - pretty surprised it's no fault though

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Those compound ones make me cringe.
Have a speedy recovery!

·
Sonrisa. Tawa. Be Happy.
631 Posts
Oh no! Sorry to hear about your crash, Darren. I'm glad you're okay though. Allow yourself to take it easy over the next couple months. Heal up and we'll see ya out there soon :thumbup

Take care,
Jess

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
ahhh shit Darren....I am glad your ok! I will phone you later and find out some more details from you. give me a shout if you need to vent, or just scream from frustration of being cooped up on the couch!

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,221 Posts
:rockon Welcome to the bionic club!!

·
Happy Camper
2,698 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. Heal fast.

But deep inside, you know it's gonna be cool to tell the story to the young airport customs chick when you keep setting off the metal detector.

...or you can not tell her, and enjoy the mandatory cavity search. "Honestly, I have no idea why I keep setting it off! Search me!" :D

·
Mr. Sophisticata
1,173 Posts
Sorry to hear about your crash. Heal fast.

But deep inside, you know it's gonna be cool to tell the story to the young airport customs chick when you keep setting off the metal detector.

...or you can not tell her, and enjoy the mandatory cavity search. "Honestly, I have no idea why I keep setting it off! Search me!" :D
It's only funny the first 20 times, after that its just a hassle.

·
SuperStyling
3,098 Posts
Glad you're okay.

A bit off topic, who is it to blame when you crash because of a pothole? ICBC pays it all or half/half or you're just fucked?

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:eek Hey Darren, glad you're still with us. (I really hate typing that phrase :(). In any event, whatever you were doing, dude... don't do that anymore! [:rolleyes] I'm away at the moment (Nova Scotia ;)) but on my return to BC I'll touch base.

Take Care...
Charles

·
User And Abuser
3,912 Posts
it was good talkin to ya on the phone bro....I am glad you are your usual doped up self....wait...thats rigtht, your not usually doped up, its the mediaction your on thats doin that! lol! like I said on the tele, I will get over there after the holiday rush is over and check up on ya.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts