BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm going to be storing the bike outside this year as opposed to inside my garage.

Besides the usual storage procedures, are there any other precautions I should take because the bike is going to be outside?

I'm thinking stuff like freezing temperatures outside, will I have to worry about that?

TIA

· Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the suggestions.

They were all very helpful.

Yes I don't have any room in the garage (never did), and if I can I would like to try and save some money on storage.

It's outside right now with cover, brace, alarmed disc lock, and out of sight. I do like coming home everyday and seeing my bike where it should be, and making it an easy task to check under the cover, rotate the tires, and just stare at it. :coffee

My only concern would be what Teetee said about corrosion from moisture and dust. If that's the case, would moisture be a concern for fall and spring too?

If I do pay to store it in some indoor place, which option would be cheaper?

1. Storing it at a dealership like BK
or
2. storing it at a storage rental place. (or would they even let me store a motorcycle in those places?)

or maybe I should try outside storage taking all the precautions given by everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.