BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

4941 - 4960 of 4986 Posts

·
Registered Luser
2,115 Posts

·
lover of twins
6,070 Posts
I’d say you nailed it for retail transaction price.
They are a dealer though, so gotta give em the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing. *Nothing wrong with trying for a home run at the beginning of summer.
I assume they paid around $2500 for it. **
I was thinking maybe someone shit the bed on a high trade in value and now they're trying to recover.

·
Registered
125 Posts
This blows me away. This bike is worth maybe $4500. 56k on the ODO.

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/van/mcd/d/2009-honda-cbr600rr/6608336021.html
I’d say you nailed it for retail transaction price.
They are a dealer though, so gotta give em the benefit of the doubt that they know what they are doing. *Nothing wrong with trying for a home run at the beginning of summer.
I assume they paid around $2500 for it. **
I think they’ll still be swinging next summer. But then again, “a sucker born every minute”

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
I'm pretty sure that CBX sold in White Rock about 6 or 7 years ago for $4200. He's had it for sale for over a month now. Interesting bike. More interesting valve checks.

·
Registered
6,182 Posts

The 1979 is the one to have, and the 1982 is the one to get. The '79's are now out of reach cost wise, the '82 still awaiting it's value ramp up.

At one time I owned 3- '79 CBX's. recently sold a bunch of bikes, the CBX's included. I must and have complained endlessly with tuning 6 carbs with synchronization in mind. The valve adjustments, all 24 vales, are super easy, the big 6 sharing the 1979 CB750F/900F/1100F top end system of shim over bucket, with simple tool which depresses the bucket allowing the shims to be snapped out and new ones inserted. Simple arithmetic is the skills needed for shim choice based on clearance checks.

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Can we expand this to include buyers? I just got a response to a bike I'm listing: "2k please thanks" is the entire message. That's almost half asking. :rolleyes

·
Registered
2,732 Posts
We need the link to the ad to make a ruling.
I've been spanked here before talking about bikes for sale, so now that it's sold I'll say it was a 2015 Ninja 300 ABS less than 10K with some cosmetic damage and good tires, listed for $3600. Seemed reasonable with others pushing $4k. * *

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Cafe racer/streetfighter/endurance racer ...... said no on ever.

4941 - 4960 of 4986 Posts