BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Livn' the dream
159 Posts
That is so funny. Me and Naga and Lowlife were 5 minutes behind these guys. We pulled over at the chevron and I remember thinkin these guys in jeans and sneaks are gonna hold us back or crash. I know that's not good to think but it was that fealing. Sure enough we come around the corner, a long up hill sweaper and his mates are flagging us to slow down. The rider seemed alright but looked like he was puking near the guard rail. Must have looked at the damage. I don't really know what happened and wasn't goin to stop. In the states if there are already people helping at a crash DO NOT PULL IN TO HAVE A LOOK you might get charged too, and it has happened. Be carful out there it's colder and damp in corners. Ride safe

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
bah... it'll buff out.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Yikes...that sucks. My bike has a paint scheme much like that one now, lol!

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
I'd chuck that in the ditch too.

I'm sorry, have you ever ridden a Ducati? Or are you just jealous?

Because I've ridden bikes similiar to both of the bikes you own and I can easily say no one in their right mind would choose your bikes over a 999S if they were a serious rider.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
that's nothing. buddy of mine had to drop his Duc on the way back from the Laguna GP - way more damage than that. Bike was only couple of months old as well ....

·
Hockey Trev
284 Posts
In the states if there are already people helping at a crash DO NOT PULL IN TO HAVE A LOOK you might get charged too, and it has happened.
i have to stop at all accidents i see or my certificate gets stripped... if anyone finds out anyways heh

G

·

Because I've ridden bikes similiar to both of the bikes you own and I can easily say no one in their right mind would choose your bikes over a 999S if they were a serious rider.
Bwuhahhahahha...hahahaha!!!!!

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts

Pfffft, I crash my Duc all the time... it's not a big deal. lol
A Duc stands just as good a chance if not better (because of the bling factor) of being a poseur platform as any other bike. That's prolly the first time the sidewalls of that front tire has ever met pavement.

PS: After the jump to the pics on the other site, did anybody notice the "deer whistles" on the ZX/12? Or the inch and a quarter chicken strips in the Duc? :roflmao

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was looking over the damage and thinking "it's bodywork and some handlebar bits, whatever". Then I saw the front wheel. Bang up job son, bang up job.
Its not just the front wheel - them ohlins forks are toasted...big bucks.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
I can tell you're a serious rider by how serious you are.

Serious riders ride in jeans, right?

relax

I put a lot of km on in these jeans... leave them out of this. ;)

[this below is not meant to be directed at Untoldfox]

If I sound defensive it's because I'm sick of hearing people say (when a Ducati crashes) "oh that guy can't ride, look at those strips, what a poser...", yet when all the Jap bikes crash you don't hear that crap.

PS: After the jump to the pics on the other site, did anybody notice the "deer whistles" on the ZX/12? Or the inch and a quarter chicken strips in the Duc? :roflmao
And everyone here is so two-faced on the chicken strip issue. You all claim that they don't matter, but when you see pics of a nice bike with a bit a strip on them, you all attack it. I remember when I first got my RR people were laughing at my pics because of the strips... it was brand new, less than 100K on it! Yet now, I've seen the same guys say "people that worry about strips are posers..."

Sorry, just an observation, continue on with your hypocrisy.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
A Duc stands just as good a chance if not better (because of the bling factor) of being a poseur platform as any other bike. That's prolly the first time the sidewalls of that front tire has ever met pavement.
That's really funny, my "sidewalls" have never met pavement... have yours? :laughing

·
Livin' la Vida Loca
957 Posts
No, I'm just a poseur. I take back everything I said about that other Ducati in Washington.
I just think you're taking this too seriously. Italian, Japanese, Brit and dare I say Korean. A good rider on a bad bike will beat a average rider on a cutting edge, high dollar machine.
So the best thing to do is not to worry about what it is, just smoke 'um if ya got 'um.

And it's really too nice a day to be on the computer extolling the virtues of who's king.

·
Mortgage Pimp
9,195 Posts
No, I'm just a poseur. I take back everything I said about that Ducati.
I just think you're taking this too seriously. Italian, Japanese, Brit and dare I say Korean. A good rider on a bad bike will beat a average ride on a cutting edge, high dollar machine.
So the best thing to do is not to worry about what it is, just smoke 'um if ya got 'um.

And it's really too nice a day to be on the computer extolling the virtues of who's king.
Maybe that's why I'm so grumpy. My bike is sitting there, ready to go... and I'm starving, but I don't know where to go. I already rode this morning, and I'm still cold from it.

Maybe it's time to start a thread about grabbing brunch today.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts