BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where some good free safe parking is on the north side by willingdon at BCIT??

Ive been parking at telus across the street, just wondering if anyone knows where some closer parking is.

thanks in advance

·
I Came,I Saw,I Conquered
587 Posts
yeah actually if you park near the staff parking just underneath the tree's near the pay ticket booth on the side entrance of the building you should be ok... I parked my bike there for a while.

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
346 Posts
I always parked up near the SAC building where the motorcycle parking is there. I never paid for it and never got a ticket. If you park under that overhang on the side of the New Media builing they don't seem to even check those bikes.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
I am also a member of Vancouver Civics, and BCIT is a theft haven, almost as bad as Metrotown these days. I hear, might be hearsay, but the security guards were actually in on it for a while.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I always see teh bikes by the SAC building but i guess i assumed they had the e-permit. last time i checked the website it said for motorcycle parking you need to buy an online only pass, which is retarded because then i wud have 2 passes going, 1 for my car and another for the bike.

·
No bike for now...
890 Posts
Stewy, BCIT has a lot of car theft because of the huge parking lots. I very much doubt that security guards were "in on it" but rather are too few and ineffectual.

Motorcycle parking is close to buildings with students constantly walking by, so it's pretty safe (no guarantees, of course).

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
346 Posts
battsup said:
I always see teh bikes by the SAC building but i guess i assumed they had the e-permit. last time i checked the website it said for motorcycle parking you need to buy an online only pass, which is retarded because then i wud have 2 passes going, 1 for my car and another for the bike.
I think they don't bother with the motorcycles because they don't actually know whether a ticket has been bought or not. If you buy a one day parking pass there is no way of securing it to your bike without having someone possibly swipe it. If they started ticketing bikes for no visible pass then the would also start getting an increase in complaints from the motorcycle parkers. So little revenue it's better to just leave it alone.:surrender

·
Permanently Out to Lunch
346 Posts
Betamax said:
...Motorcycle parking is close to buildings with students constantly walking by, so it's pretty safe (no guarantees, of course).
I've left my bike overnight there once. I wouldn't recommend it, however, I had no choice; I was in no state to ride it home.:cheers

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sehner said:
I think they don't bother with the motorcycles because they don't actually know whether a ticket has been bought or not. If you buy a one day parking pass there is no way of securing it to your bike without having someone possibly swipe it. If they started ticketing bikes for no visible pass then the would also start getting an increase in complaints from the motorcycle parkers. So little revenue it's better to just leave it alone.:surrender

They changed it

where the staff parking is by SE1 , or NE1, You need to remember your stall, and then go pay at the machine.

I rode around yesterday looking, couldnt see any other bikes close to the north building. Ive been parking at the telus building, right by the front door (to deter from theft). its worth walking an extra 4 minutes to ahve it right by the door of a busy place.

·
Registered
281 Posts
how much are monthly passes there?!? is the sixty bucks a month really worth risking loosing your bike to a cock suckin thieving punk, buy a pass, lock your bike up in the bike rack beside the electrical building, easy as that

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
I noticed that nobody parks on the grass behind SW9 anymore....did some body get a fine or something ? People were parked (bikes) there all last year it seemed.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts