BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, what's the etiquette if you see some rider's bike parked on the street and you want to share their metered parking space?

·
Lightly seasoned...
176 Posts
IF you know them personally might be ok... stranger it sometimes gets taken like parking on someone's lawn (afterall they paid for it you didn't) and legally can't share a spot, supposed to be in your own metered spot so could get both of you ticketed.

·
Registered
194 Posts
i would say park next to it and plug the meter, they wont ticket if the meter isnt expired.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
HRC pilot said:
i would say park next to it and plug the meter, they wont ticket if the meter isnt expired.

Whenever I park, I leave enough room for other bikes. As said, plug the meter and top it off. that being said, make sure there is enough room for additional bikes. I've seen alot of bikers try to wedge their bikes between others, thats not too cool. If its in anyway a pain to park, the spot is too small.

Now sharing a parking stall in a lot may be a different matter. I've often pointed out my spot to other riders so they can park there as well. But its totally different from rider to rider since alot of people are protective about their bikes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Myself, if there's enough room I share the spot and top off the meter.

BTW it's NOT illegal to share a spot, however if the meter expires then everyone in the spot will get a ticket! So top off that meter!

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
navarcht said:
Myself, if there's enough room I share the spot and top off the meter.

BTW it's NOT illegal to share a spot, however if the meter expires then everyone in the spot will get a ticket! So top off that meter!
In Vancouver, this is the case. Not sure about other places, some municipalities have funny rules about this sort of thing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts