BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello hello,

Always seem to have friends wanting to practice somewhere...plus at the beginning of every season, I like working on my own skills as well. So the question is, where in Vancouver area is there open space where you can do this without tresspassing, security telling you to leave, or without disturbing the neighbourhood from the loud pipes?

Capilano University parking lot is pretty good but only on weekends...usually no one tells you to leave. I've tried Kwantlen campus in Richmond but had condo owners complain from the huge echo. PNE parking lot is ok but there are events there quite often. Any recommendations? Thx

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
I've seen motorcycle schools using the mostly unused huge parking lot at Silver City Richmond..

I assume they have special permission as they take over most of it.

But it is normally a large empty lot, particularily in the day.

Best thing to pratice IMO is emergancy braking..

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
I've seen motorcycle schools using the mostly unused huge parking lot at Silver City Richmond..

I assume they have special permission as they take over most of it.

But it is normally a large empty lot, particularily in the day.

Best thing to pratice IMO is emergancy braking..
Sorry to slightly hijack this thread, momentarily of course :) but....

How do you guys practice your emergency braking? I haven't really done that much slow riding or emergency training since I got my license several years ago, I'm thinking I should get on that more.

Oh, and to be useful and offer some input... I have done some parking lot training at Save on in North Van P&T, just do it after they close. Same goes for most places, go to a lit parking lot and practice after they close. I'm a night owl so that works great for me.

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts

How do you guys practice your emergency braking? I haven't really done that much slow riding or emergency training since I got my license several years ago, I'm thinking I should get on that more.

Oh, and to be useful and offer some input... I have done some parking lot training at Save on in North Van P&T, just do it after they close. Same goes for most places, go to a lit parking lot and practice after they close. I'm a night owl so that works great for me.
It helps to have 2 people....one person basically holds his/her arm up, and when they drop it, you hammer the brakes.

I did this last year.....good practice, and something we should hone our skills on.

Doing it multiple times really helps.....ps - I'm a lil drunk right now....lol

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
It helps to have 2 people....one person basically holds his/her arm up, and when they drop it, you hammer the brakes.

I did this last year.....good practice, and something we should hone our skills on.

Doing it multiple times really helps.....ps - I'm a lil drunk right now....lol
Okay, that makes sense.

Nice, rocking the Thursday night buzz. I'll be getting mine on tomorrow.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
It's about 10 years now since I took Young Driver's for my car lessons...but back then they taught us emergency braking in the industrial area in Richmond underneath the Knight street bridge *as far as I remember*! There were some nice straight roads that were empty in the evening.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Here are 3 suggestions

1. Marine Dr. in Burnaby after 5pm. Go behind the commercial buildings and the farms. There are lots of great empty roads up and down that way.
  2. High school parking lots in Richmond (McRoberts, JN Burnett, and McNair are great) after school hours.
  3. BCIT's southside parking lot, preferably before 8:30pm. Security will bust your ass especially if you're a learner. Then they will make you go to Moscrop which has a tiny parking lot.

·
Captain Charisma
216 Posts
Nat Bailey Parking lot in winter, lots of space and no neighbours all that close thanks to the park.

·
Registered
1 Posts

ok so Does each brother have their own arms and hands because if not would that mean if the straight brother was masturbating, then alternately he would be getting jerked off by his brother.
Which is both gay and incestuous. And if that were the case and both were willing Participants
Then who would believe either were straight.
And does it even matter who’s dick it is, lol.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts