BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our entire trip was plagued by rain. We had to wear rain gear everyday for the two weeks we were on the road. Day one of the Dempster started out as bright and sunny. Despite being up until 3:30 am we determined we needed to take advantage of the good weather and make hay while the sun was shining. We left Dawson City in good spirits and ready to face the challenge ahead.

Behold, the Dempster Hwy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqJIb_wDcK8

·
+1
2,281 Posts
Funny how weather works. On another's trip to NWT and our AK trip there was a similar amount of rain nearly every day.

By chance did you look at midnight dome while in Dawson?

·
Registered
510 Posts
Great vid, great trip! By any chance is that an Alpinestars Andes Drystar hi-vis jacket your wearing in the pics? If so how did it perform? Been looking at that one, that would be a pretty solid endorsement for it....

·
banned user
6,255 Posts
@hunkyleepickle (there's got to be a story behind that username!)

You're right, it's an Andes Drystar. It was awesome, stayed very dry and really warm. It was the driest part of my body, I'm going to pick up the pants now as well. Only note, it's effin hot anywhere in the mid 20s and up with limited ventilation if you're not moving. Have a different Summer jacket for day trips. I did throw my rain jacket on when it got bad, which happened a fair number of times.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts