BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know how to install a pazzo brake lever for a 02 f4i, i tried to serach it up, and got nothing. Any instructions would be great. thanks.

Oh while im at it, is it easy to install flush mounts? spacifically hotbodies for the same type of bike

Remy

·
Registered
487 Posts
yes easy as pie

and yes on ur flush mounts easy as pie again.

brake levers r typically held on by one screw, pop it out n it slides right out.

flush mounts may require u to remove ur fairing, then remove the stock ones n wire up the new ones, im guessing those have the proper connector to make it plug n play, no splicing required. but i could be wrong.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Almost but not quite. The bolt that forms the lever pivot has a lock nut on the lower side. Revove that first and then unscrew the pivot bolt and the lever drops on your foot.... Reverse for installation. Do not overtorque these. They are only small parts. If the lock nut isn't resisting going back on (it's typically a nyloc nut) then put it on with a bit of thread locker or silicone RTV bathtub caulking rubber.

So far all the flush mounts or non stock lights have required some splicing or other form of adapting. Crimp connectors are fine or you can get fancy and use solder and heat shrink and splice in the stock connectors.

While I would say yeah, go ahead with this I have to caution you that it won't be as easy as pie for you if you had to ask about how to do all this. The brake lever is about as complicated as changing your own oil or perhaps not even as hard. Removing the fairings to access the lights is going to be a lot more work. Especially if the lights are installed on the center upper fairing and you need to undo the faring brace and wire harness and stuff to allow it to come off. It's not hard but there's a lot more stuff to do than you would think at first. Go slow, be methodical, take lots of digital pics if you think you'll need them for re-assembly and figure on a lot more time than you think it'll take. First time around it always takes more.

·
Sex Appeal
1,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im not to worried about the lights, i know how to do that kind of stuff... the brake im worried about the brake fuild... will it come out when im changing levers? or does it stay in?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts