BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Tai-Pan
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thinking about going to check this out
https://www.facebook.com/events/738535032929895/
I don't think there is any cost but I was thinking of taking my sumo and my dirtbike so I can try out the mx track as well.
I believe there is a cost for using the mx track.
Apparently there is camping as well.
Seems a bit disorganized but it's their first time doing this.
Anyone else thinking of checking this out?

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
Is that the little track prior to getting to Pemberton?

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
i'd be if i wasn't working.. not a lot of local flat track left.. even though this will probably just be a bunch of dirt bikes.

·
Tai-Pan
3,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No apparently it's a bit of a new hipster thing ,I don't think they are using dirt bikes more old school flat track racers.
I was thinking about giving it a go on my drz but I am not sure how pilot powers will work out on a dirt oval.
I might take my ktm as well just in case and try out the mx course

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
no hipster can afford xr750's...

it seems to be a run what you brung kind of thing.. so i'd be more worried about getting hit etc over my equipment. i'd go, if you like it you can probably run it in singles.. just need to grab some 19's and proper tires and lose the front brake.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
Hipsters got money... or their parents money.

Takes a lot to dress like a hippie.

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
What? A plaid shirt, skinny jeans and a pair of Blundstone boots. Save on the shaving gear. Maybe the Blundy's cost a bit.
but they are cool, sort of?

·
Ya, whatever.
669 Posts
One of my co workers took an old XR600 out for this event and got a second place finish in the final race I believe. He is hooked now as it was his first race. He did make a steel boot plate for it. Sounded like it was fun.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts