BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Not just ventilation, rather VENTILATION. And no they don't provide ANY wind protection. But that's why you wear them in the summer so you stay cool. And what to do when it chills off at the end of the day you ask?? :D That's why you carry a rain jacket in the under seat trunk. Then the perf jacket becomes a durable, crashable and VERY warm liner for the windproof rain jacket......... at least I HOPE your rain jacket is windproof......

I've got a jacket like this last spring and it has been the best single gear item I have EVER purchased. At anything over 15 to 20 kph it feels like you don't even have a jacket on. On a hot day in traffic it's heaven on a stick......

I toured with it last September for a week and with the rain jacket over for warmth and the perf to cool off when it got warm it was a great combo. I'm not sure my textile stuff will see a lot more use.

Sold yet? :D

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
BMatthews said:
That's why you carry a rain jacket in the under seat trunk.
Hahhahahahaha

:laughing

And just how do you suppose I fit in MY trunk?

I'm lucky if I can fit a business card in there.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
those r6's have the smallest trunk i've ever seen. It should not be called a trunk in my opinion :) The zooks have good trunk space and have no problem of crunching in a jacket, but thats about all.... maybe a tiny bit more if I take the tool-kit out....

But it might be wise to wear a backpack with your raingear in it on those long trips.... unless if you can pull off a miracle and stuff the gear into your puny trunk :)

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Canadian_Gixxer said:
those r6's have the smallest trunk i've ever seen. It should not be called a trunk in my opinion :) The zooks have good trunk space and have no problem of crunching in a jacket, but thats about all.... maybe a tiny bit more if I take the tool-kit out....

But it might be wise to wear a backpack with your raingear in it on those long trips.... unless if you can pull off a miracle and stuff the gear into your puny trunk :)
you can't fit anything in the trunk of my kat either :(
or maybe im not looking in the right spot?

hmm...well my ballistic jacket has a removable liner. so that's good. plus i can open up the zippers in the armpits so that will provide some ventialation in the summer :)

the reason im asking is that when i walk around school everyone looks at me coz i probably look weird wearing all this padding..
the leather jackets i've seen are bit more...descreet if you will.

thanks for you suggestions. i think i'll upgrade to a better helmet first and then depending on how bad/good it is in the summer i'll buy me a leather jacket.

-d

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
absolutdm said:

Hahhahahahaha

Well, I guess you just bought the wrong bike :D :flip :D

C

·
0 Posts
absolutdm said:

Hahhahahahaha

hahahaha, its funny cuz its true :laughing

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
perforated is great for warm/hot weather riding, it's killer in the cold.
vanson makes good perforated leathers...

·
K1200S
255 Posts
AlphaQ said:
hey what's the purpose of the perforated leather jackets?
ventilation?

do they provide as much wind protection as the textile joe rocket ballistic jackets? i have this one http://www.joerocket.com/shop/shopinfo.asp?dealer=sgpower&prod=Ballistic 3.0 Jacket .. it's a fine jacket. but eventually i want to upgrade so im sorta researching.

thanks a bunch.

-d
I have the Vanson full perf jacket. If you are just cruising around town then the perf jacket is good for temperatures above 18 C. However if you use it on the highway then wait til the temperature hits around 23 C. Wind factor makes a huge difference.

B

·
0 Posts
I've got the same ballistic jacket, and after 3 or 4 times in the rain, it is no longer even water resistant! It soaks up water even! But i wear rain gear over top now so it works alright. How is yours in the rain?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
If you want something that will keep you warm and dry from the rain/cold, get tourmaster stuff. www.tourmaster.com , I highly recommend tourmaster, I wear the 1-piece suit all winter long, it was like riding in the summer.... really it is that good.... it also offers decent protection with light armour in the suit at the back, knees, shins, arms, elbows and shoulders.... You also dont need water proof boots if you get the 1piece suit, you can just pull it down over your regular riding boots and you'll be all set :) It only takes me 10 seconds to get in and out of the thing.... it sure beats the days when I used to wear 5 shirts, 5 pants, 3 pairs of socks and 3 jackets when all I have to do is wear my regular clothes and slip into the suit :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Bluestone said:
I've got the same ballistic jacket, and after 3 or 4 times in the rain, it is no longer even water resistant! It soaks up water even! But i wear rain gear over top now so it works alright. How is yours in the rain?
My older textile jacket is pretty much like you describe but it took a LOT of touring in the wet to get it that way.

A spray treatment with water proofing stuff should bring the water resistance back. I've been using some oddball trade only stuff my wife and I got from Sundrop Fabrics. It's a place that specializes in fabrics used for making jackets, liners and fleece wear for outdoor type applications. It's out in Coquitlam these days. I'll check on the addy with Sherry later. $12 a can but this stuff works GREAT. I've used 3M Scotchguard in the past and this works better and lasts longer but it just costs a bit more in the first place. All my bicycle commuting stuff has this on it. Don't need no steeenkin' Goretex. :D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bluestone said:
i only rode in the rain once or twice:)
i was as dry as .. i dunno what. i was dry :)
can't complain there.
-d

1 - 13 of 13 Posts