BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Petite female riding gesr

4K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  racerboy88 
#1 · (Edited)
Petite female riding gear

Hey guys, I am a new rider (almost a month now) and have invested a lot into gear... With the exception of pants. I'm trying to find some textile riding pants or jeans with Kevlar inserts/knee pads, but my height seems to be limiting me. I am 5' tall, 105lbs female. I've done a lot of looking online but it seems painful to order items, try them on and potentially send them back. Any female riders out there have any advice on the best brands with short inseams or companies in Vancouver and surrounding or Canadian dealers online to check out? I've been to hole shot, ga checkpoint, 2nd gear, done the Canada's motorcycle thing and a few other online stores. No clue where to start for my size. Right now I'm riding with thick denim but want more protection for obvious reasons.

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
Shanzy, unfortunately it's gonna be tough for you. The main brands just don't produce a lot of stuff (if at all) for smaller people. As you may know custom might be your best bet, there are a few guys here that do that (I've no idea who, but it's been brought up before somewhere on BCSB maybe someone with more knowledge than me will chime in).

The other way is to shop youth gear. That's probably your best bet, but sizing might be an issue when ordering online.

#6 ·
My wife is also a little over 5' tall and approximately the same weight. We found her a pair of Joe Rocket Alter Ego Pants in XS with adjustable hem that fit her from East Side Re-rides.
I think the shortest hem length is barely short enough. She only rides as a passenger so that may be important to not get caught up while putting a foot down.

If you want to try it on for sizing before online ordering PM me.

#7 ·
Hey guys, I am a new rider (almost a month now) and have invested a lot into gear... With the exception of pants. I'm trying to find some textile riding pants or jeans with Kevlar inserts/knee pads, but my height seems to be limiting me. I am 5' tall, 105lbs female. I've done a lot of looking online but it seems painful to order items, try them on and potentially send them back. Any female riders out there have any advice on the best brands with short inseams or companies in Vancouver and surrounding or Canadian dealers online to check out? I've been to hole shot, ga checkpoint, 2nd gear, done the Canada's motorcycle thing and a few other online stores. No clue where to start for my size. Right now I'm riding with thick denim but want more protection for obvious reasons.
Go to Pacific; the staff in the gear department are very familiar with finding stuff to fit petite females (you will understand what I mean when you get there and meet the staff). I don't know about many other brands but I definitely know for a fact that Dianese makes pants that should fit you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.