BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a new 05 Bandit. I pick it up tomorrow and I can't friggin' wait to get on it. It's my first bike but before I get a thousand posts saying "be careful" or "that's too big" or "you're gonna die" I want to say that I took the course at PRS, I have a full license (not that that means anything) and I am under no illusions about my skills. I'm going to be taking it nice and easy, I have good gear and I feel no need to prove how tough I am by trying to break land speed records.

Mostly I just can't wait to ride. If there are any other newbs out there who are interested in doing some short easy rides let me know. :rockon

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
PS. I bought it at Orca Bay Suzuki and have to say that they are great. The service was excellent and I got a pretty good deal on the bike itself. If you're looking for Suzuki's I would definitely recommend checking them out.

·
WMRC Past Prez three time
2,580 Posts
Have fun! You're going to love riding. And good choice on a first ride. Bandits are cool. Love that naked look, it reminds me of simpler times.......

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Sounds like you are riding with a great mindset, one which will ensure you have many happy years on two wheels ahead of you. Congrats, getting your first new bike is a thrilling experience and I'm sure you'll be spending all your free time in the saddle. Good choice!

·
BC Riders.net
1,061 Posts
Good, sounds good nogood :laughing
Have fun :rider

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUN! Kind of a useless post, but I am getting sick and F'in tired of waiting for my bike.

·
Mmm...beer
2,144 Posts
Nice choice for your first bike, I am booked in for the course @ PRS on the 30th...can't wait.

·
Wait for me, I'm SLOW
1,224 Posts
Congrats on the New Bike.

Don't forget ride safe.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Stupid rain. So I decided not to pick up my bike in the rain. The combination of a new rider, new tires and an assload of water didn't seem healthy. Here's to hoping there will be at least one dry day this week!

·
rain? whats that!
5,834 Posts
^ I think you might be out of luck this weel :p

It sounds like youre doing all the right things to minimize the risks. Keep it up :thumbup

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
nogood said:
Stupid rain. So I decided not to pick up my bike in the rain. The combination of a new rider, new tires and an assload of water didn't seem healthy. Here's to hoping there will be at least one dry day this week!
That type of wisdom will keep you safe. Keep that with you when you ride and you'll be a happy, health long-time rider. Congrats on your street smarts. I with more people could be honest with themselves like you've been. Its a credit to your personality.

Ride safe.... and for the mean time: dream safe!

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Good choice Nogood. I started on a Bandit too - had it for 2 years. Loved that bike (aka "The Couch"). Have a lot of fun. I really like the new stying of the Bandit too. See you out there.

·
Reid
307 Posts
Another Bandit rider...

Sweet

<----- :rockon

good call on waiting to pick it up, have fun out there

(and don't let anyone say your bike slow...brains beats displacement every time!)

·
Registered
392 Posts
2>4 nice avatar pic, I think you should tell everyone that you bent your kickstand out and you aren't really moving in that picture.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Congrats! And the Bandit's a great choice for a new/first bike. I test rode one a while ago [ www.onewheeldrive.net ] and I found the bike nimble, user-friendly, and it's got ample power for all the rides you'll be doin'. ;) Be sure to watch the 'events' and 'I'm going for a ride' sections on this site... lots of rides -esp social rides- that offer a lot for newer riders. All ya gotta to is show up. :)

:cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts