BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.moto-radical.com/cgi-bin/custom.cgi is the first page of the album with two more linked pages (red links at bottom of pages).

And http://www.moto-radical.com/cgi-bin/custom.cgi?list=0 is a page of links to detail photos of the ones shown in the general album in the link above.

It's an odd blend of cafe racer and cruisers done on a crazy low budget but with a lot of love and talent. Even the so called "cruisers" have some aspects that would look great on a cafe racer conversion.

This is one of my favourites...

·
es ist orange und bellt
1,784 Posts
I'm thinking of doing a Street Tracker using an old Yamaha 650 twin. I think they're supercool. You can rephase the cranks and get big bores for those motors, suppose to make excellent race bikes. Instead of the standard 19" wheels I'd fit wide 17"s and give it a supermoto feel. All the body panels and tanks are readily available in the states.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The rat bike connection is what I had at first until I started looking a little closer. Yes they are largely improvised and that shows with a total disregard for what tank is on what engine and frame but the overall look of the bikes is a stripped down fun look that is done in a very sano way. The more I look the more art I seen in the worker's vision.

And yeah, a street tracker is high on my list as well. But instead of the XS twin I'm sort of leaning to a big dirt bike single as the power plant.

·
es ist orange und bellt
1,784 Posts
So marcus...looks like your leaning towards a Vintage/Modern cafe. What's the chassis and engine?

·
pro bench racer
12 Posts
Lets just call Marks bike a mutt.... honda... kawasaki... some spare metal sitting around the garage...

its gonna be sweet

Matt
Yes Matt is right it's a mutt.

I started out with a '78 Honda CB550 missing the brakes, wheels, and various other peices so I decided to update things a bit. The stock frame has been stripped of a few un-needed bracket and only the stocks parts still hanging around will be the motor, tank, and chopped up seat. The suspension consists of '01 kawi forks, and a custom rear swingarm with dual coilovers. The brakes wheels are stock bits off a ZX-9. I hope to have it all together next season fingers crossed.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Corona is a nice touch... :D

Obviously K&N pods on the carbs to avoid any "furniture" in the rear frame area. Just hide the battery somewhere like in the rear of the seat cowl.

What about welding on some swingarm braces sort of like the Kawi ZRX has? And perhaps gusset the steering head area and diagonals to the upper spine, and some gussets down by the swingarm bearings, and a turbo on that 550, and............

...... sorry, got carried away there......

·
umm... yeah
203 Posts
stop giving him ideas haha... with the extra tubes and brackets removed there will be a need for some additional bracing of sorts. Gussets are planned for most of the "corners".

The stripped down version of the frame looks 10 times better than that pic

Matt

·
pro bench racer
12 Posts
The Corona is a nice touch... :D

Obviously K&N pods on the carbs to avoid any "furniture" in the rear frame area. Just hide the battery somewhere like in the rear of the seat cowl.

What about welding on some swingarm braces sort of like the Kawi ZRX has? And perhaps gusset the steering head area and diagonals to the upper spine, and some gussets down by the swingarm bearings, and a turbo on that 550, and............

...... sorry, got carried away there......
K&N's are in the works and I'll see about the battery I was looking for somewhere to hide it. The rear swingarm is going to be rectangular tubing and will be fitted witha hugger so we'll see how it turns out.

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
dammit you bastards are making me want a cafe racer again :evilgrin

·
es ist orange und bellt
1,784 Posts
TL 1000 Dirt Tracker

View attachment 46604

This bikes gonna go for a song and dance....Ohhh how cool it would have been to do wheelies on this baby! Get rid of the dirt rubber and throw on some Maxis Gold Speed's and a 320mm front brake and your in business. I would guess the weight of the bike to be approx 300lbs and have 140hp?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts