BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Twist Master
1,142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
GREAT ride Today Guy's A Bit Cold in the Morning But Sure Turned Out Nice Just out of Hope:flashy Road's were in EXCELLENT Condition , Between
MERRITT AND SPENCES BRIDGE s Still One of the Best Ride's Around:devillook
Here are The PICTURES!!!!

·
Ride the winds of change
1,994 Posts
Chris

I was rather concerned about major helmet hair, Green boy's looking cool as usual. Brrrr ! at times.:laughing . Good stuff.

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
Did you guys go down to Princeton as well? I did the Spences to Merritt to Princeton run today. Definitely a little chilly in places, but it gives the 'ol VFR a little boost.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
Thanks for the ride today, Machinist, Scooter and Naga.

Beautiful road from Ashcroft - Logan Lake - Merritt, not enough turns but the scenery more than made up for it. Good stories about Barnes Lake, Machinist.

Spences Bridge - Merritt is officially open for business!! I could ride that back and forth all day.

SpideRider and Dean (?). You guys shouldn't have bailed out. It warmed up almost immediately out of Hope and held up for the day. Was never cold again after leaving Hope.

·
Unregistered User
2,769 Posts
GSP said:
Did you guys go down to Princeton as well? I did the Spences to Merritt to Princeton run today. Definitely a little chilly in places, but it gives the 'ol VFR a little boost.
Hey Brent. No we went north through the Canyon, to Spences Bridge then the Highland Valley to Merritt and back to Spences Bridge. After freezing to near death in the morning on the way to Hope, the prospect of riding through Manning Park didn't sound too appealing.

How's the road from Merritt to Princeton?

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
greenboy said:
Hey Brent. No we went north through the Canyon, to Spences Bridge then the Highland Valley to Merritt and back to Spences Bridge. After freezing to near death in the morning on the way to Hope, the prospect of riding through Manning Park didn't sound too appealing.

How's the road from Merritt to Princeton?
Even with the electrics on full boil, it was chilly from Manning Resort until the road levels out closer to the Hope Slide. I went through last weekend, and it was a bit warmer. Merritt to Princeton has a few spots that are chewed up, but not as bad as last year. There is some culvert replacement going on, so there are some cuts *all the way across* the roadway, so it pays to keep your head up. Very little gravel.

The Hope-Princeton is clean, but the pavement has taken a beating. It's still a good ride at this time of year because of the lack of traffic, but the bumps/potholes/ruts could catch you out if you ride it too hard. I saw many deer last weekend on both routes, but not a one today.

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
SpideRider and Dean (?). You guys shouldn't have bailed out. It warmed up almost immediately out of Hope and held up for the day. Was never cold again after leaving Hope.
Ugh, that's NOT what I wanted to hear....!! :banghead

Glad to hear you had a good trip - pics look great! We'll do it again soon, and the weather will be even better!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Sounds like you had a great ride today. I joined the Abbotsford ride today (over 50 bikes) for a while but broke off early to get to work.

Chris, if you don't post the next ride pm me again. I can't make next weekend but should be good for a while after that. It should also be warmer as well.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
greenboy said:
That just fuckin' figures, doesn't it? You guys should be thanking us for bailing like pussies. :D If we had stayed, it would have been cold all day! :D

·
truth seeker
527 Posts
BEST RUN OF THE SEASON SO FAR!! Thanks to you Chris for getting me out of bed early so we could beat the traffic. Looking forward to getting out for more 750 k rides like this one!!!

If any of you guys are heading out soon give me a PM, Sunday really got me warmed up for riding...or was that my electric vest? Ryan aka Naga.

·
Registered
2,496 Posts
Hope-Princeton was in great shape on Saturday, except for:
1/ the down-hill off camber right hander at the bottom of the hill, east of the flat section near the Slide area.
There had been a collision in the recent past, with still some oily residue, and remnants of the Floor Dry on top. A little squirrely.
2/ 3 RCMP working the slide area with a vengeance. Although I got some clear warnings ahead of time......not the fellow riding behind me about 1000 metres back.
3/ 5A is still awesome, although getting more and more beat up.

Thanks folks, for sharing your rides with us.

R

·
0 Posts
i hate you all cuz i'm so jealous. :( looks lke an amazing ride.

hopefully next time

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
michael said:
Hope-Princeton was in great shape on Saturday, except for:
1/ the down-hill off camber right hander at the bottom of the hill, east of the flat section near the Slide area.
There had been a collision in the recent past, with still some oily residue, and remnants of the Floor Dry on top. A little squirrely.
There was diesel on the road there. That's often a bad spot--same with the first bridge heading west from Princeton--especially in the rain.

·
New chain...Soo smooth...
930 Posts
Sweet - I am all over that like stink on shit... :laughing

·
100% Asshole
3,394 Posts
Machinist said:
GREAT ride Today Guy's A Bit Cold in the Morning But Sure Turned Out Nice Just out of Hope:flashy Road's were in EXCELLENT Condition , Between
MERRITT AND SPENCES BRIDGE s Still One of the Best Ride's Around:devillook
Here are The PICTURES!!!!
Yes have to agree with you there hiway 8 from Spences Bridge to Merritt is one of the best roads in that area bar none good on you for tackling the morning cold. Just a hint if u got perforated leathers do what the bums do stuff some newspapers in your coat if u get stuck without the 'lectric vest works surprisingly well.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts