BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Langley CBR Freak
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just letting fellow BCsportbike members that there are a few shops in town selling these tires for 270$-290$ a set as well as other popular brands, I noticed mspeed on boundry is as well as international motor sports...Cheers not sure if i posted this is right area:knife

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
*** m o v e d ***
to General Sportbike Chat
Because the item is not being sold by the OP,

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
Pete's Superbike

Just register and look at the prices at Pete's Superbike. NOT a waste of time.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
The 2CTs are around $260CAD shipped to your door :).
By George you are very correct. Thanks for pointing that out for me. Thankfully I was a week away from ordering. I owe you a beer.

·
Let the good times roll
1,083 Posts
I paid way way too much for my last set of 2cts :(
My last set came from Pete's in July and they cost me $392 (190/55's for a litre bike) and they were the best price by $50 at that time........now I can get them for $286 all in delivered.

It's a little wacky but I guess a combination of strong C$ and a fresh shipment sitting in the warehouse is motivating these guys to move them out.

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
My last set came from Pete's in July and they cost me $392 (190/55's for a litre bike) and they were the best price by $50 at that time........now I can get them for $286 all in delivered.

It's a little wacky but I guess a combination of strong C$ and a fresh shipment sitting in the warehouse is motivating these guys to move them out.
+, they know they will move inventory all summer, but this time of year....hardly any.....except if the price is SO hot, you get them early, cause you know you'll need-em sometime.

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,285 Posts

Might also be the fact that you're getting slightly "non-standard" tire size. I know my buddy got 2CTs in the middle of summer for $260CAD shipped to his door - that's where I quoted the price from. I'll probably order a set in a couple months, too.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
Might also be the fact that you're getting slightly "non-standard" tire size. I know my buddy got 2CTs in the middle of summer for $260CAD shipped to his door - that's where I quoted the price from. I'll probably order a set in a couple months, too.
I'm not sure what shipping is but it's $249.90 for the 190/50 and 120/70 so the same front with a 180/55 rear is slightly cheaper. I run 190's on my bike so that's awsome pricing.

·
Registered
607 Posts

I bought mine from Pete's Superbike for $347 to my door in May (180/55) and that was by far the best price available.

Now it's Grand Total CA$ 276.76 including the CA$ 28.68 for shipping.

I'm in need of new tires and the only question is if I buy 1 or 2 sets at this price.

·
Banned
5,231 Posts
I *think* Pete's charges $35 shipping for a pair.
Fedex Ground charged me $28 from Pete's to me. Only shipping option that was offered.

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
A few local bike shops will not mount tires that you have purchased elsewhere. Which shops will mount tires that you bring in?
Shovelhead will. He's got a dandy tire machine that works slicker than owl shit!! I think he charges like $50-$60 for mounting and balancing 2 tires. Hit him up with a PM. If not...I know Motorcycle World will do em and I think EMS will. Probably 5th Gear too.

·
Let the good times roll
1,083 Posts
Ok, I couldn't remember exactly, good to know.

I think his shipping prices were reduced at some point last season too.
For some reason my shipping was only $20 but even at $28 its not much of a difference.

The fact there is no tire levy and only one tax basically covers the shipping charges then it just comes down to pretax price which Pete's seems to have the best by far.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts