• Stock

Votes: 11 13.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want a pipe for the bike this year, but torn between the Hindle and a D&D. So I'm curious as to what you guys would chose and why. The bike in question is a '98 Honda CBR900 (fireblade).
My last bike CBR600 had a D&D and it was loud (good and bad), will the D&D be compairable to that, or louder cause of the additional displacement??

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
my bad, and fixed.
Had 'issues' posting lol

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
took care of it, so no worries :thumbup

I'd expect the D&D to be similarly loud, but a different tonal characteristic.

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
I'm not thrilled by the quality of either, so I'd go "other".

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you chose 'other', why not 'enlighten' as to what you'ld lean towards.
Which would have a more throughty (low) tone??
Are Kerkers much different?

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
I've seen reports that Kerkers have quality issues and look rough because of it.

If you want mellow and not too loud then Yosh street (not race) or Hindle Stealth is the ticket.

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
Akropovic....(other)

If I didn't have the Akro, I'd probably go for a Graves system...

·
Registered
495 Posts
I put a M4 on this winter and it sounds great. I bought it from GSXR Bubba it had been crashed but M4 has parts you can buy from the company. It cost me $60 us plus shipping to fix it. Any company that will supply parts for your can can't be all that bad.

·
Registered
194 Posts
ya go with something other than those two. i have an acrapovic and it not too loud around the city, but when you open it up...it's real nice.

·
~Flying Swan Hot Chick~
366 Posts
I have Gianelli and it sounds amazing but I really love the sound of the Akrapovic on my boyfriends 600RR

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I have the same bike (98 Fireblade), and it has the Yosh pipe. Sounds awesome, especially after some of the packing wore out after the first couple years. :D

·
Registered
401 Posts
I put the new FMF titanium on my bike last year and it has an awesome sound.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
Both those pipes are loud and of the cheaper quality I'd go for this one:

Yosh DPS $380, good quality/price not to loud but has a nice sound.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
If you want everyone in the world to know where you are get the DND those things are louder than anything.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Rogue Rider said:
Want a pipe for the bike this year, but torn between the Hindle and a D&D. So I'm curious as to what you guys would chose and why. The bike in question is a '98 Honda CBR900 (fireblade).
My last bike CBR600 had a D&D and it was loud (good and bad), will the D&D be compairable to that, or louder cause of the additional displacement??
I have a titanium akroplopolopivitch....sounds like dream...but if ya want FUCKEN LOUD go D&D...had one on my 1996 Gixxer 1100, and lost my lic 3 times in 2 years.....lol

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rogue Rider said:
i just bought a yosh rs-3 race pipe for my 01' R6 and it sounds great on my bike, but every bike makes a different sound.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts