BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to figure out the steps on this procedure.....

Any links would be great....

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
589 Posts
I just drilled out the rivets, removed the inner baffle and material, had the machine shop at work cut where i marked, then drilled new holes and rivetted it back up.

looks pimp now.. but im having some strap issues - no way to attach it to the stock hanger.

I'm considering leaving it strapless. THe pipe probably weighs less than 2lbs, and there is NO movement whatsoever.

Undecided though.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was thinking of chopping it and sticking it under the tail. I have this fetish making the pipe & can disappear on all the bikes i have or am getting in my possesion:horse

·
this is my...boomstick!
1,545 Posts
Recommend against unsupported mufflers. Imagine a 2 pound sledge, held a little out from your body, by the handle end. Now jump off a 3 ft ledge. are you likely to be able to hold that sledge steady? It's the forces of suspension action that will work on it and break it off sooner or later.

I'm sure the machine shop guys might have an idea or two that might help...:)

CR

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
CrotchetyRocket said:
Recommend against unsupported mufflers. Imagine a 2 pound sledge, held a little out from your body, by the handle end. Now jump off a 3 ft ledge. are you likely to be able to hold that sledge steady? It's the forces of suspension action that will work on it and break it off sooner or later.

I'm sure the machine shop guys might have an idea or two that might help...:)

CR

Not sure what you mean Recommend against unsupported mufflers.
I was welding up a new subframe with a new bracket for the dual m4 pipes? In the end it will be a way better support feature than any other bracket because it will be built by me:laughing
I could machine something but not really nec considering its never seen..

ahhhh figured it out somones going strapless in this thread

1 - 6 of 6 Posts