BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yesterday on the Duffy loop I was run off the road by a big class a coach style rv that was towing a jeep behind it. The rv swung out into my lane and pushed me into the gravel on a hair pin corner leading me to high Side I flew about 25 feet slamming down on my face (yes I had a helmet on ) and my shoulder. My shoulder was dislocated as well as fractured I'm in the hospital in lilooet heading to Vancouver to see the sugen in the morning my bike is a write off I'm sure of that and I will be out of work for a long time.

What I really need is for you all to spread the word and hopefully someone will see this rv because I don't have there licens plate number because they never stopped

Discription ; brown and orange with big green palm tress on the side or back, it had 4 black ac units on the roof, it was towing a jeep that sorta mached the rv and I not it has Quebec plates on it. It was heading down towards whistler on the 99 but who knows where it is now please help me find that plate number I'm desperate I have lots of witness that are totally unbiased

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
At the risk of being obvious, did you make a call to the RCMP and fill out an accident report. That really sucks I'm sorry. Good luck, that's not an easy vehicle to hide.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe it was a cj and yes I have already got the RCMP involved that was one of the first things I did

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
If you have a number of witnesses that will support your statement that an unknown vehicle "ran you off the road" I'd think you're okay with ICBC.
Where you on the inside or outside of the corner? Where?

What time was this, I went north over the Duff about 10 yesterday morning, not much traffic.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
uh huh... and they will put it into a pile of paperwork.

now if he called in saying you were doing 299kph, they'd get a swat team and helicopters up in the air.

i had a guy nearly rear end me, and stay inches behind my rear wheel etc. ie... so i reported it. so far nothing. for the first time in 4 years i was actually afraid for my life while riding.

had a plate, driver description, car description.

·
Beer League Racer/Asshole
5,209 Posts
i had a guy nearly rear end me, and stay inches behind my rear wheel etc. ie... so i reported it. so far nothing. for the first time in 4 years i was actually afraid for my life while riding.
So you just kept riding scared and didn't pull over so the driver would go past you? Were you in an area with no shoulders on the road?

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
uh huh... and they will put it into a pile of paperwork.

now if he called in saying you were doing 299kph, they'd get a swat team and helicopters up in the air.

....and you own a handgun No?

Police report crime, they don't prevent or deter it.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Heal up, glad you're OK. I'm sure the RV was totally oblivious to your crash, forget about it.
uhhhh what now? I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling..... you always seem pretty on the ball and level headed to me (something that stands out in this sea of retards we call bcsb) not that I know you from Adam or anything.
Clarify?

·
Super Moderator
23,552 Posts
uhhhh what now? I'm not sure if you're serious or just trolling..... you always seem pretty on the ball and level headed to me (something that stands out in this sea of retards we call bcsb) not that I know you from Adam or anything.
Clarify?
My point is that proving someone was "run off the road", on a hairpin, on the Duffey, with an RV towing a vehicle and an
oncoming motorcycle, has more than just a few challenges. It's really shitty, and I honestly feel bad for the OP, but odds
that any strong case can be made are slim to none IMO. What was the speed limit at that point, 60kph, recommended 30-50?

To actually high-side and fly 25feet takes some speed, and that's a fact that needs to and WILL be considered too.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
What Chia said ....

After OP clarified he was in the outside lane I was thinking possibly he was hugging the inside of that lane, saw the RV coming, panic set in, tried to adjust his line to the outside and didn't make it, woudn't be the first time that senario played out...but of course I wasn't there but neither would the ICBC adjuster.

Again if your witnesses collaborate your story you should be okay with ICBC, if you boo boo'd up trying to change your line that is something else..

Good luck with the process and hope you heal up quickly and completely.

·
I like traffic cones :S
15,773 Posts
So you just kept riding scared and didn't pull over so the driver would go past you? Were you in an area with no shoulders on the road?
i just finished moving to the fast lane from the merge lane. there was a truck just behind me to the right.

asshole came up doing ... lets just say impoundable speeds to close in from nothing to inches away that fast. douche bag didnt even back off. after i made sure there was no one to the right, i moved over... he passed me before i even finished crossing the line.

sure i could have gunned it... 'cept i did exact same merge 2 years ago an gunned it... right into a speeding ticket.

·
Registered
400 Posts
That makes quite a bit more sense and I don't disagree with you for the most part but dismissing the poor actions of people on the road when it causes serious harm, is hardly an acceptable course of action. What I mean to say is, wait till some clown in a vehicle that's too big for them runs you off the road and see how quick you are to let it go. I drive a +40' tri-drive crane truck all over the south coast and this has never been an issue for me even when learning. If I'm on marine drive down by the marina in horseshoe bay in the twisties and need to crowd or cross the centre line, I do so in turn and with a great deal of care so I don't run someone off the road.
My point is that I'm fed up with this whole lack of accountability and complete absence of responsibility and respect for consequences.

·
backslider
11,219 Posts
I'm fed up with this whole lack of accountability and complete absence of responsibility and respect for consequences.
Yet we can't have children held back in schools (because they don't 'get' the material/concepts), or directly competitive sports events during grade-school athletic days, or negative comments and/or low grades given out (which might adversly effect a kid's esteem) ... rather, we need warm and fuzzy, soft 'n cuddly environments ...

Is it any wonder our society has become that which it is?

·
Registered
400 Posts
No there is no wonder whatsoever and it's bullshit!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts