BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know of good places to set up a little pocketbike track? Claen parking lots with no curbs and obstacles. Not really into going around cones at the moment. That old go-kart track on the Lougheed is looking good...illegal though. Like anything about pocketbikes are legal.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
You could try the F440 track in T-was by the water slides. It may be a little small but you never know. The whole course is framed with grass.

atom

D

·
0 Posts
the pocketbikes were run out there at one time but apparently as they got more demand for karting they didn't want to waste their time on the bikes.

its a bit far to go for a few hours of shin splints anyways.

i wish i had 10 acres now. i'd pave the whole thing for a track.

·
Resident Banana
2,694 Posts
I think they built a new track in Chilliwack for karts. I'll talk to a friend of mine that races and see if I can get a number. The track is supposed to be twice as big as the tradex track they've been using. A little far, but if its big and cleans with tons of corners....isn't it worth it:) .

D

·
0 Posts
for just 3 little pocketbikes? naw. for a dozen maybe. let me work on that.

D

·
0 Posts
i'll have the third as soon as my ebay cheques roll in. it will be a month sooner than expected.

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yellow is awesome. but Black needs a shim on the back bearing spacer. the preload causes premature bearing failure. Se we have to shim the shaft or heat/penn it longer to stop the bearing from lunching themselves. we might do some hot laps tonight or just got eat a burger somewhere. Dunno.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
The Stanley Park Sea Wall? It's a bit long but you could go for low laps:p

Seriously though... take them to the Indy Track strip downtown (by GM Place)... we took a minibike (the mini Harley one) and a go kart there and the cops came by and justtold us to keep the go-kart in the concrete barriers and told us not to come on sundays with the go-kart (we were there saturday).
They couldn't care less what you do there on minibikes as long as you stay off the sidewalks, and roads...

D

·
0 Posts
indy track sounds awesome. we'd just need a shitload of cones to lay out a track. ok everyone that wants to ride, minimum 5 cone donation!

B

·
0 Posts
that sounds like an awesome place to do it, good room for a long straight, something that was lacking in the school parking lot. next time I see some cones I'll grab them for you doug. we need the cute little ones like they use at motorcycle school.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
cosworth said:
Anyone know of good places to set up a little pocketbike track? Claen parking lots with no curbs and obstacles. Not really into going around cones at the moment. That old go-kart track on the Lougheed is looking good...illegal though. Like anything about pocketbikes are legal.
Actually, my ysr friends use the parking lot at Seymour during the summer. It is deserted and fairly large, you just have to wait till the ski season is over.

D

·
0 Posts
cones cones cones!

yes bender, must have the cute little ones. they are easier on the legs when you run into them.

good news, if all goes as planned this weekend i could have red by monday!

i just have to eat kraft dinner for the rest of the year.

B

·
0 Posts
can't wait, maybe if next weekend (not this one coming up) is nice there will be some racing action?

D

·
0 Posts
as long as all 3 are healthy, and we get some cones, we could be racing someplace. we'll need dedicated video and stills people though.

i can see a heat system set up, depending on the amount of people that show. elimination by heat until there are only 3, then a final race.

that will consume a ton of gas, so anyone wanting in should bring a gas can! premium, unmixed. 2 stroke oil wouldn't get turned away either.

crashes cost $20 per scratch/crack/broken part now too :D

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Hey, I have always wanted to try one of those pocketbikes! I was hoping I would win the last SBN raffle for one, but I guess the shipping costs to BC would have been more than the bike. :)

I am not sure if you are allowing anyone to ride these bikes, but if you are I can bring my own gas and a few of those little triangle cones. ;)

·
builder of bikes
4,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Be warned. I am the king of pocketbikes. I'm almost getting knee down. Speed comes with a price though. I owe Doug manybeerz for that one crash. Damn... :D

:rider

1 - 20 of 36 Posts