BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

new bike or trips

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so i have a few decisions to make....should i buy a new bike in the 600-750cc range costin round 4k OR go on a cruise with a friends family around the caribeean and mexico and a seperate trip down to san francisco for a giant party with a few thousand ppl...never been anywhere tropical btw..only europe and L.A

·
back on the street
1,832 Posts
I say trip, because I'm in the same boat, sorta. I turn 30 this year and the wife gave me the option of a 2 week cruise to the Caribeean or more money to go racing. The way I see it, you seem to already have a bike, as I am already going racing this year, so my decision was to go for the trip. Simple fact is you will use your bike for a few years and sell it, as I will do with the race bike. But the pictures and memories form that trip you will have forever.......

man does that make me sound as old as I felt typing it???

·
Formerly kanelupis
5,252 Posts
wow, that's a tough question man.

I sorta got that choice too. Tokyo trip or new bike in the next year or two. Problem is that my buddys might not have the money to go with me, so it's probably bike for me..... otherwise, I'd go on the trip.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Hmmmm. Take the trip and lots of photos. Then come home and win the lottery and take lots of photos. :) Or buy the bike and take lots of photos. Odds are you'll do at least 2 of the 3 in your lifetime. The only question to ask is which big event should you start with [?]. :cool

IMHO, I suspect that when you pose for the camera with friends on a holiday, the last thing you'll be thinkin' of is whether there's a newer bike in your garage. ;)

·
Ride Solo
4,214 Posts
Buy the bike and ride it to San Francisco. If it was a choice between a bike and an African Safari, I'd say go for the trip. But cruises will still be there when you're too old to do anything interesting.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
If you chose the trip,
What are you doing on this site??:court

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
right now im leaning more toward the trips as i already have 2 bikes that can get me around town...but then again there is nothing like a real sportbike..not a wannabe like my 250 lol...

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Bike all the way.
You can create a hell of a lot more memories riding a bike all summer, than one trip abroad.
I guess this attitude explains why I've barely been anywhere yet. ;)

·
Yellow Power Ranger
3,009 Posts
It's dead even. I voted for the trip...I had a similar decision with a car 2 years ago...and I chose the trip. The trip made me a lot more interested in motorbikes...and I ended up coming back, getting my motorbike license and a bike. If it wasnt for my trip, my life would have been a lot different.

Sometimes trips open up a few more things in your life. Definately worth it.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
GSP said:
Buy the bike and ride it to San Francisco. If it was a choice between a bike and an African Safari, I'd say go for the trip. But cruises will still be there when you're too old to do anything interesting.
the point is to go now when your still young and hook up with lots of girls lol

·
back on the street
1,832 Posts
Johnny_B said:
ok update...i just talked with my friends mom and she said this is the new freedom ship and it is the biggest cruise ship in the world...bigger than the queen mary 2...being released in april 2006...
http://www.royalcaribbean.com/findacruise/cruiseDetails/itineraryAndPricing.do?packageCode=FR07W001&date=Any&selectedCurrencyCode&cS=FR_SITE&aud=freedom
thats the trip
http://freedomoftheseas.com/
thats the boat

Thats the same ship we just booked on for September......

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lowlife said:
Thats the same ship we just booked on for September......
cool what room did u opt for? i think theyre going to be above the promenade which is basically a shopping mall inside the ship where the parade goes through and u get a window that shows u the mall...the presidential sweet looks fukin awesome with 4 flat panel tvs your own hottub and a deck...

·
back on the street
1,832 Posts
just a regular outside room with a balcony, no presidential suite for me....

the ship looks pretty cool, with the rock climbing wall, 24 hour gym, and a wave symulator to learn surfing, should give me enough to do while we're at sea....

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
lowlife said:
just a regular outside room with a balcony, no presidential suite for me....

the ship looks pretty cool, with the rock climbing wall, 24 hour gym, and a wave symulator to learn surfing, should give me enough to do while we're at sea....
Wow it sounds just like the Edmonton mall which you can ride to on a bike.

Buy the bike and have some fun , what are you 65 years old cruises are lame onless your a silver back " Get a life get a bike"

·
back on the street
1,832 Posts
5thgear said:
Wow it sounds just like the Edmonton mall which you can ride to on a bike.

Buy the bike and have some fun , what are you 65 years old cruises are lame onless your a silver back " Get a life get a bike"

thanks Bill but I already gots two bikes, and there is no room in the garage for a third, unless I sell one of my trucks or my Camaro, or buy a bigger house.....the cruise is basically for the wife, kind of my way of letting her think she gets something out of our money instead of me spending all of it.:laughing :laughing ....

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
This one is easy, take the trip because you never know when you'll have the time to take it again, if ever. The bike can come later and you can always ride around work/school/life schedules.

·
Registered
978 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bafflebrain said:
This one is easy, take the trip because you never know when you'll have the time to take it again, if ever. The bike can come later and you can always ride around work/school/life schedules.
thats exactly what i thought and why im probably gunno go for the trip...i already have 2 bikes that i own and can ride my dads bike anytime i like so its not like i dont have a bike to ride around

1 - 20 of 20 Posts