BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Besat course of action?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's the deal... I just bought a new project today.... a 1978 Porsche 924... now, the original plan was to fix up the Porsche and sell it once it's done to make a lil bit of cash, but I've already fallen in love with it... I'd love to keep it, but I know that maintenance and repairs will be really expensive, whearas my daily driver (1994 Hyundai Excel) is much cheaper on gas and and repairs... plus, the Hyundai has a 5 speed and the Porsche has a 3 speed auto... so my dillema is, once the Porsche is done, should I sell the porsche and keep driving the Hyundai in the winter/bike in the summer, or just sell the Hyundai, give my m/c to my best friend who's strapped for cash and needs transportation, and keep the Porsche???

·
Fast Pack Slow Guy
4,722 Posts
Holy crap, Porche made an auto?

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah, i know, sacrilege.... but it's better than the 4 speed manual that most of em came with, my research tells me that tranny sucked.... the odd one came with a 5 speed that rocked, but I guess I'm just not that lucky...

·
Registered
248 Posts
2 questions,
1. Are you a man, if your a real man you would have a genetic desire to fix that porsche and drive it like a man

2. Do you have a woman, women steal our manliness after a while and its just not worth fighting it.

Im a man, i would fix that porsche and drive it like a man, id drive it until it screamed my name and died. Then id go to the junk yard and find its sister, stick her ass in its body and tell her i wont stop till she screams louder than a 10 year old boy comming out of the shower to see micheal jackson with his pants off.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
R6 Chris said:
Sell them both and get a decent 914.
Are you blind? compared to the 924, the 914 is like an ugly stepchild.... I prefer having front-engine, RWD, and a near 50/50 weight distribution... did I mention that the 914 is ugly as sin?

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
sell everything EXCEPT the bike.... and find a 1990 944 Turbo S

·
Registered
33 Posts
The 924 is, well, not exactly their best car. If you can get good money for it (or any money at all), sell it asap. If you're looking just to own a porsche, you can do better. Much better.

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
2,213 Posts
Driftland said:
2 questions,
1. Are you a man, if your a real man you would have a genetic desire to fix that porsche and drive it like a man

2. Do you have a woman, women steal our manliness after a while and its just not worth fighting it.

Im a man, i would fix that porsche and drive it like a man, id drive it until it screamed my name and died. Then id go to the junk yard and find its sister, stick her ass in its body and tell her i wont stop till she screams louder than a 10 year old boy comming out of the shower to see micheal jackson with his pants off.

I think that may just be the most twisted analogy I have ever been witness to :rockon

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Is a 78 924 auto worth fixing? Is there even a market for it?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Chris, you just told him to trade the second to worst porsche in for the worst worst one. That's how i know you love miatas.

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
I was looking at an old Porsche as an option for a fun car and my mechanic told me to stay away from the 924's. Funny enough every one I considered came with a mountain of receipts and were relatively low km cars. I'm not going to appraise your project but even clean ones weren't all that expensive. The 944 Turbos look like a bit of fun.

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Got the 944 Turbo before. Looks a lot better and get more HP than the 924. I can outdrive my friend's 924 with my dad's 1987 Camry station wagon.

·
Now accepting DONATIONS!
425 Posts
irishalcoholic said:
Are you blind? compared to the 924, the 914 is like an ugly stepchild.... I prefer having front-engine, RWD, and a near 50/50 weight distribution... did I mention that the 914 is ugly as sin?

I should slap you! You drive a 94 Hyundai, bought a 78 924 (which is about as ugly as any car can ever get), you're thrashing on the 914 for being ugly, and to top it off you're considering donating your bike to a buddy who needs transportation?! Man....I think you need to re-align your priorities here! Let me help...I am thoroughly experienced in the car world that I can offer this tidbit of information to you.

Fix and sell the Porsche, for god sakes it's an automatic buddy...it will NEVER be a real porsche that way! Next, Sell the Hyundai and get whatever cash this will bring in...which will probably be around 1000-1500. Get yourself a real car. ANYTHING other than a Hyundai...I recommend that you get into a nice condition older JDM, Jetta GTX/Golf GTI, or something of the like and really have yourself a good time with that.
As for the bike....ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Have you heard the term, "Take the bus!"? Tell your friend this!!

I'm Finished...if you don't listen, noone can help you!

Pete

·
its closer now
1,858 Posts
just some info...

i used to know these two guys that had 944 Turbo Specials done up to the hills....

they went to RUF in Germany... and when the germans found out what cars they had...they were shocked and said THEY where jealous.

YES... the Carrera is the only true Porsche... but the 944 is one hell of a trophy!

·
Registered
248 Posts
Gfox said:
Chris, you just told him to trade the second to worst porsche in for the worst worst one. That's how i know you love miatas.
:eek
Wow no hating on the miata, sure its a girly looking car but it handles amazing. Buy yourself an early 90's model miata, yank out that b6 and drop in a second gen rotary engine, its light its nimble, it may look like poo but it goes like stink.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts