BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Post Dyno's Here!

OK, I just got back from the BCSB Dyno Day, and there was a good turnout--riders and weather! ;) I figure everyone will want to post their charts, we can start compiling a massive dyno bank of all our bikes.

I tried posting but the image was either too big or too blurry.

Vrecksler's Dyno Chart

In case you are too lazy to check the link:

Max HP: 122
Max Torque: 64.1

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
I don't have access to a scanner right now but I got

Max HP : [email protected],200
Max. Torque: [email protected],100

I called Manny at BK after I got home and he said those figures were really low....was questioning the dyno....??? said something about different dyno's etc... giving different numbers....I wasn't even pushing him, all I said was I got so and so and he straight away said that they were low....oh well, atleast I know I badly need to rejet

Adam what did you get ? the stock R6 ? did CG show up ?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You may be right Human, Jim seemed a little shocked when he got his chart and it seemed that everyone was coming in lower than expected. 929's are generally around 126, Xyban was pretty close to that, closer than me, but still under.

Either way it does not really matter to me about the numbers, I would only be concerned if there was some massive dips in the curve or something like that. My bike rides well, now I just have a neat little chart to prove it! :)

·
Back to the OG
228 Posts
As it turns out dynos produce very subjective results which are a product of many factors from temperature, air flow, air pressure, engine temp, variations between the hardware, among other factors I don't know. You really have to take them with a grain of salt, and from what I've been led to believe, their only true value is in fine tuning an engine, using the SAME dyno, many pulls, different tuning setups. I have yet to hear "anyone" speak of consistency between dyno runs on different machines. Human, based on my lack of knowledge of today's 600's, I think your 93.5 horse is awesome! what was the RPM for that figure?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ya definitely, my graph looks like a copy of a polygraph sheet done by a bad liar or that paper that records earthquakes.....definitely need rejetting, or do I ?

Well my intuition was correct, as soon as I had ridden her with the yosh. pipe I had posted that I noticed a dip at 5 and again at 8, the dyno proves it.....:D:D:D me pretty happy....but i don't think I want to see my baby's buttons pressed like that by someone else again.....felt strange to stand aside while someone took her to red line....

·
Registered
634 Posts
man I wish I could have made it out, but they lock the doors from the outside here at work :p Cant wait to see what everyone made... how many bikes showed up?

-arai-

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
I got there at 2:30 but they said you guys left 45mins before that, I called Atom on his cell at 2, but no answer, so I went out, nobody there except the guys workin on the bikes. they said they will be at RMS next saturday at a suzuki demo ride with the dyno if you want to go again. grrrrr....

I told ya you carb bikes would suffer from the weather today :) anyhow, i'll have to stick with my 102.7 from my dyno last jan at the motorcycle show hhehee :)

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
CG, I would've been really curious to see what power your bike put out, it gave us all a good comparison with each other regardless of how accurate it is (although I do think it is pretty accurate, and it was SAE corrected). But all that Lugan says is true.

I'll post video footage just as soon as I can get to editing it. I had 3 hours of sleep last night, and have to go out tonite.

Saying that, my best run:

HP: 101.2
Torque: 44.8

I squish Kawi's for breakfast. :court

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Adam, that's a pretty strong reading especially considering that the general consensus was that the dyno was reading low. But wow, that curve has more bumps than a roller coaster. Did you get the needles put in yet?

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
nice dyno :)

I dunno if I would be putting out 101 like you did, but i'd be close, and definately more than the 92.7 kawi run :)

excellent job on squishing those kawi's :) hehehehe :) I wish I was there, but didn't get out of class till 2pm, then called atom but I guess you guys were on your way out, by the time I got there, it was waay to late. Though they told me that they will be at RMS next saturday with the dyno, so I may go down there after class again. :laughing :rider

·
Premium Member
20 Posts
BMatthews said:
Adam, that's a pretty strong reading especially considering that the general consensus was that the dyno was reading low. But wow, that curve has more bumps than a roller coaster. Did you get the needles put in yet?
I don't think I'll go with them. And I think my power curve is pretty damn straight for carburation. Are you maybe looking at my torque?

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BMatthews said:
But wow, that curve has more bumps than a roller coaster.
Ouch! I guess he did not like the Kawi comment, hey adamantium? ;) In any case, I think the graph is pretty linear, nothing like the fuel injected bikes but pretty straight none the less.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
adamantium said:

I don't think I'll go with them. And I think my power curve is pretty damn straight for carburation. Are you maybe looking at my torque?
the spikes aint too bad, but it's carbs.... my graph was super smooth when I had mine done 2 months ago.

so what did everybody else make? come in the chat room, i'm bored :) hehehehe :)

·
resident monkey boy
806 Posts
Bone Stock 2001 R6

Max HP: [email protected] rpms
Max TQ: [email protected] rpms

my bike was running very lean and if i tune it Mike said i should hit about 98-100 HP, still i was pretty happy except for the massive dip in power at about 6000 rpms

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
87.8hp tops
41.8 pounds of torque

Man, you guys have some boring power curves. Mine is complete with the grand canyon of flat spots good for a turbo-esque feel to the midrange! :D

I'm head back to BK Tuesday 9:00am sharp for some retuning.

·
Just Another Enthusiast
2,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hey, that dip is not quite a grand canyon and do not let your bike hear you talking like that! Most of the bikes run today have a decade on your ZX6, yet your numbers are right in there with the new 6R's, and your torque almost matches the new R6's.

I think everyone should be happy, because regardless of the numbers, we are still having fun on two wheels. :)

Next time we will have to get doug to dyno his pocketbikes!! ;)

·
Registered
295 Posts
2000 R1, Akropovic slip on, K&N filter, jetting

131.3 hp
71.6 torque

From articles its only 2 hp gain but Mike told me with a full system + jets 140 is possible.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ya, definitely those are impresssive number Adam, congrats and yours to Thr1, though I think mine will really improve once I get it rejetted....

Bruce forget about Adam's graph you should really see mine....might make you sick....

Atomlowe I belive managed to get 120 on his 750 ? cool :D:D:D

1 - 20 of 76 Posts