BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
It's very, very GREEN :D

Oh, and it's the best of it's class as a sports touring bike, comfy ergos and protective smooth flowing wind protection, while not giving up any appreciable sportiness to the others........... despite what the magazines would have you believe.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Hmm... well the ergos fit me good.... but the dyno chart say's it all :) especially the peak power where it stays flat and barely tapers off :)

ok ok ok, really the main reason I bought my bike was beening able to test ride one.... the fact that it has no spikes in the curve and a killer top end for a 600 was a bonus :)

·
Registered
465 Posts
2001 Honda RC51

++++ Positives ++++
-Honda Quality and Reliability
-Exclustivity (HRC bike, a bargain for the money you are paying)
-higher resale value
-Success in Superbike racing
-Handling at higher speeds
-The VTwin rumble (when matched with exhausts)
-Styling cues: dual exhuast, twin headlights, ram air, solo tail section, black frame, F1 style gauges.

Negatives -
-Overweight
-Low Peak HP
-Expensive to get aftermarket exhaust
-Bad Fuel Consumption
-Terrible throttle response in 1st gear (low speeds)
-Insurance is a bitch

I love this bike :D

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Kat 600:

It's cheap and cheap to insure. It handles fairly well ( I haven't tried many other bikes though), it has a nice sitting posture and it's powerful enough for me. On the other hand it's heavy as hell.

I love my Kat:)

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
ZX6R....

ZX6R, well there is a lot to say for Kawasaki bikes, the company may not be as big as Honda and Yamaha, but with the resources available to it, it makes miracles. Also most people, suffer from short memories, might be due to watching too much TV and following too much that is said in magazines, but Kawi R&D has never come short for me.

For me the 6R is the right size and type of bike but if I wanted another I would be looking at he 7R/9R/12R

The 6R I believe has the perfect balance, able to be a world champion yet also allow me to ride for 1k after work and then going back to work the next day. The clutch is super slick, never felt anything like it, the bike is smooth all the way, great low and mid range with the highest torque in the 600 class, the high end also allows me to go 285 real quick.....6 pot front brakes are beautiful, most powerful brakes in the 600 class, and basically Kawasaki reliability, go to any dealer/mechanic and you will hear of the "never say die Kawasaki" engine, if you watch a lot of racing, let me know when a Kawi blows, something I can't say of Honda's RC51 and F4, Suz. GSXR and Yami Rs all of which I have seen suffering from engine or clutch problems in races, I have yet to see a Kawi suffer the same way, but now that I have said this, I bet there most likely will be something wron on the March 10th race, damn !

Well here is what other people think of the 6R (from www.motorcyclenews.com):

The perfect 600?

KAWASAKI has developed an almost perfect road bike in the ZX-6R. Sharp and massively fast, the ZX-6 does everything you need – well.

As a bike to be used in the real world, it’s hard to beat. It has taken what the CBR started to a newer, fresher place. Though it has all the comforts associated with everyday motorcycling, the factory has managed to keep the weight down to 171kg(367lbs). That means you can cruise to the South of France in comfort, ditch the luggage at the hotel and then enjoy caning it around some hairpins.

Put simply it’s the perfect 600 for the road and suits any kind of riding. It might be outscratched on the track by the likes of the R6 and the new GSX-R600, but as an all-round bike for all conditions, it is extremely hard to beat. The power is linear and smooth in every gear, with no hint of vibration. You find yourself ignoring the rev counter as you get carried away sampling the full 109bhp on tap. First, second and even third gear wheelies are commonplace as you hit the redline, and it pulls unbelievably hard for a bike of this capacity.

By 14,000rpm the power has tailed off but nail another gear and revel in the hair-raising roar from the air-induction. Keep it howling and a genuine 160-plus mph is possible from this incredible motor. Enough to frighten most 750s in a straight-line showdown and it would take a brave man to bet against a well-ridden Ninja on the backlanes.

The chassis set-up is pretty much spot-on straight from the crate, and it, together with the Dunlop D207 tyres, copes superbly with anything the road has to throw at it.

Six-pot calipers grace the front of the Ninja – a bit extreme on a six hundred, yes, but they have to be to match the performance. And they work beautifully Living with the ZX-6R is a pleasure; the riding position feels natural and manages to be sporty without compromising long distance comfort too much. The dash is nicely laid out; two easy to read clocks with digital trips; one of the few in the 600 class not to sport a digitised cockpit.

You buy 600s for good reason; they are way cheaper than full-on superbikes in every major aspect, they are also more rewarding to ride fast and the margin for error is greater, encouraging rather than punishing the rider.The only drawback is that you might have to spend twice as much on kneesliders.

Power
109bhp @ 12,500rpm

Torque
48ftIb @ 10,000rpm

Weight, power-to-weight ratio
171kg (376lb), 0.64bhp/kg

Acceleration (Standing 1/4-mile time, terminal speed)
11.2s, 116mph

Top speed
168mph

Geometry (Rake, trail, wheelbase)
23.5º, 9.5cm, 140cm

Fuel consumption (Average mpg, tank capacity, range)
37.5mpg, 18 litres, 150 miles

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:
I didn't know the kawi makes more torque than the new gixxer.... but then again, I dont trust numbers from a mag unless I see a dyno chart... much like this one :)

http://www.amasuperbike.com/001102e.htm

Baby with a compression ratio of 12.8:1 you better believe it.....:D :D ...I am looking forawrd to our little dyno duel.....but I already know your's will pump out more hp than mine....it just matters where on the rev. range.....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Human said:

Baby with a compression ratio of 12.8:1 you better believe it.....:D :D ...I am looking forawrd to our little dyno duel.....but I already know your's will pump out more hp than mine....it just matters where on the rev. range.....
Looks like the battle is on :) Anybody gonna place bets on who will come out on top? :) hehehehe :laughing :laughing :laughing

I'm hoping for a 97-103 peak hp output, and hopefully a low/mid range on par or stronger than the kawi's :) It would be nice if they measured our torque output, but I doubt it since it would probably take too much time to prep all our bikes to do it :( oh well.... :(

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

Looks like the battle is on :) Anybody gonna place bets on who will come out on top? :) hehehehe :laughing :laughing :laughing

I'm hoping for a 97-103 peak hp output, and hopefully a low/mid range on par or stronger than the kawi's :) It would be nice if they measured our torque output, but I doubt it since it would probably take too much time to prep all our bikes to do it :( oh well.... :(

??? wouldn't the dyno run record the hp and torque at the same time ? sowie, got no idea how a dyno runs....well peak is your I know it, but I think I got you beat low down and midrange....

But you aren't allowed to make any performance mods till after the dyno run ok ? mine is bone stock....ummm I hope Manny broke the bike in properly...MANNY did you ? LOL.....Adam you want to join in ? and whose got the F4i man you coming ? we know we got the twins beat....lol, except in torque...lol

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Human said:

??? wouldn't the dyno run record the hp and torque at the same time ? sowie, got no idea how a dyno runs....well peak is your I know it, but I think I got you beat low down and midrange....

But you aren't allowed to make any performance mods till after the dyno run ok ? mine is bone stock....ummm I hope Manny broke the bike in properly...MANNY did you ? LOL.....Adam you want to join in ? and whose got the F4i man you coming ? we know we got the twins beat....lol, except in torque...lol
I'll be stock, I have no cash for any mods right now.... well unless you count stickers as performance mods, I know the guys at revscene.net do hahahaha :laughing :laughing

Jim's Tiller will smoke us... well, that is if he can get his bike there in one piece :laughing :laughing the mirrors on that thing vibrate like it's in a earthquake.... correction, that bike is a moving earthquake, giving everything in a 10 bike length radius a taste of what it is like to be in one :) :laughing :laughing really, that bike is badass.... When sitting behind him at a stoplight, make sure to keep your visor down, cause those pipes blow air/and whatever else that is coming out of those twin M4 pythons into your face.... Man I gotta get meself a twin....

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

I'll be stock, I have no cash for any mods right now.... well unless you count stickers as performance mods, I know the guys at revscene.net do hahahaha :laughing :laughing

Jim's Tiller will smoke us... well, that is if he can get his bike there in one piece :laughing :laughing the mirrors on that thing vibrate like it's in a earthquake.... correction, that bike is a moving earthquake, giving everything in a 10 bike length radius a taste of what it is like to be in one :) :laughing :laughing really, that bike is badass.... When sitting behind him at a stoplight, make sure to keep your visor down, cause those pipes blow air/and whatever else that is coming out of those twin M4 pythons into your face.... Man I gotta get meself a twin....

You want to compete against Jim's M4s ? simple get manny's D&D slip on, he's selling it......take any M4s exhaust any day....

G

·
I love my Kawi 'cause my first bike was a Kawi and I got used to and fell in love with the Kawi styling and all around features. I don't like all digital displays or even digital speedos (R6, GSXR) and I prefer the slightly less racier seating, as well as the more solid, planted feel to the bike. As for performance, and power, I'll probably never be able to really tell the difference between the various 600 cc bikes, but as for looks, i love the Kawi lights, body and tail. Some of the Kawi colours are questionable..... but I love my Honey's sporty yellow.
And the Kawi guys at BK are great, better service than any other dealership i went to when I did my shopping.

·
Premium Member
3,762 Posts
Canadian_Gixxer said:

.... When sitting behind him at a stoplight, make sure to keep your visor down, cause those pipes blow air/and whatever else that is coming out of those twin M4 pythons into your face.... Man I gotta get meself a twin....

i literally tasted it first hand today.
crazy.

:laughing

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
Bluestone said:
I love my Kawi 'cause my first bike was a Kawi and I got used to and fell in love with the Kawi styling and all around features. I don't like all digital displays or even digital speedos (R6, GSXR) and I prefer the slightly less racier seating, as well as the more solid, planted feel to the bike. As for performance, and power, I'll probably never be able to really tell the difference between the various 600 cc bikes, but as for looks, i love the Kawi lights, body and tail. Some of the Kawi colours are questionable..... but I love my Honey's sporty yellow.
And the Kawi guys at BK are great, better service than any other dealership i went to when I did my shopping.
you know the 2001 models are better in term of Looks and Performance right?
:D :D

what happen to adam's friend with the F4i?

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
bl1tz said:

you know the 2001 models are better in term of Looks and Performance right?
:D :D

what happen to adam's friend with the F4i?

:laughing :laughing Blitz, Bluestone has the same yellow zx6r as yours....

G

·
Human said:

Actually, i have the updated '02 model, Bl1tz has the older, common as the R6 '01 model......
And we'll have to see who performs better .......

·
moving pylon
1,428 Posts
Human said:

'cept he doesn't have the kOOL graphics like ours
the 2002 models seem to be missing the stickers on the '01. In our bikes we have the 3 black/white stripes across the front fairings, and on the '02 it's just yellow. nothing else.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts