BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
the aussie dude....
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My winter project is nearly finished, just a few little odds and ends still to go but its pretty much there.

What a blast it is to ride...its my first twin so im not used to the low RPM...it doesnt seem like ya getting anywhere when yer given her untill ya look down!!

here's the mods:

* Black Chrome paint on pretty much all new fairings( thanks brad!!!!!!!!!).
* Black powder coated stock rims.
* Jardine highmount pipes repolished, with all new brackets, clamps & hardware direct from Jardine.
* RaceTech front fork, preload stacks and synth oil.
* No actual mod to the rear shock but pulled it out dismantle and painted the coil red...its all gotta match right!!!
* EBC Prolite brake rotor's( Anodised black carrier and red lug's)
* EBC street pads.
* Galfer Stainless lines front and rear.
* Saftey wired...farken everything!
* Vortex clip-on's( 17 degree drop....not friendly for long rides..fuck it!!)
* Vortex rear sets.
* Pit tech double bubble screen.
* Intergrated undertail an signals...super clean!!!!
* R.K 520 chain
* Vortex sprockets( 3 up rear and one down front)
* Engine mods: Flapper valve and system removed, PAIR system removed and custom cover plates, synthetic oil and new plugs.
* Power comander III USB with custom map...dont know if it is right just yet but seems close.
and just a whole bunch of little shit like new levers , decals & stripes and stuff...

A big thanks to the boys at Mspeed for all the bits and help..you guys are champs!!

Anyway.... here's a few pics of the build..if they work in order...befor...during...nearly there and pretty much done!!

jarrod

·
Twin A
8,019 Posts
Congrats Jarrod looks like all the hard work has paid off. guess this means it's ready to go? That's Marks old bike isn't?
Shit I wish my track 7r looked (and sounds) half as good!
I've had always had a sweet spot for RC's, I wish my buddy hadn't sold his; I enjoyed riding it -of course I enjoy the 996 he replaced it with even more so it's not all half bad..enjoy man.:rockon

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
Nice job on the bike. I was not sure why that old pic look so familiar, until Jason pointed out it was Mark's track RC.

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
That is SWEET. :D The only mod I'd suggest: get a Bitubo shock for the rear. Not just for the obvious reasons but twins, even without your aggressive new sprocket(s) set-up, can be pretty jumpy at the best of times. A better shock might help tame the beast you've created. ;)

Good work!
:rider

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
CrotchRocketeer said:
Looks good! When I saw that 2nd picture I was thinking "SOB is copying me!" :p Deja vu or just great minds thinking alike? :laughing
Yeah but he hasn't crash his....:evilgrin

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
kick ass bike... needs a kick ass lock.

lean it or break it, have fun with it.

·
the aussie dude....
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
gixxstar said:
Too nice to race it now. Nice work :thumbup
never TOO nice to race.....just to nice to scratch!!

yeah...i still have all the old body work and am hoping to pick up some proper race glass for "those" days!!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Very nice!

·
Registered
57 Posts
ok..... so now that everyone is building a stealth rc and even honda sells one now i am changing my bike ...... i guess i will have withdraw my application to team ghetto fabulous

·
Newbie Poser Squid
2,709 Posts
druhmah said:
ok..... so now that everyone is building a stealth rc and even honda sells one now i am changing my bike ...... i guess i will have withdraw my application to team ghetto fabulous
Nice paint work on both bikes.

·
the aussie dude....
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CrotchRocketeer said:
Im jealous of their paint jobs, they are very nicely done. But until I have the time for a 3RD job, I'm happy with my spraybomb :p

where did ya wreck?? street?? how much you fug up on the bike??

ive put a bunch of work into this heap and i aint lookin forward to wrecking it:eek

1 - 20 of 30 Posts