BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so over the last little while i'v posted some pictures of the PSI suits and layouts and stuff and this weekend was the bike show and I just wanted to see how many of you got to take a look at the suits in person and what you thought of it .... the booth was smaller then it was supposed to due to the fact that PSI didn't get a shippment here in time but the Rossi and Hayden replicas were there ...

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
J_Web said:
so i'v posted some pictures of the PSI suits and layouts and stuff and I just wanted to see how many of you got to take a look at the suits in person at the bike show and what you thought of it .... the booth was smaller then it was supposed to due to the fact that PSI didn't get a shippment here in time but the Rossi and Hayden replicas were there ...
Yeah I was in there, only cause I knew you designed the layout.

Nice stuff but you'd have to be a decent rider to pull off wearing the Rossi suit.

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
I was by there a couple of times, even picked up some wicked new gloves. Had random people coming up to me, commenting on the repaired arm to my suit, as Tom had the arm that was taken off from my crash. The replica suits were amazing

S

·
0 Posts
looked like a great alternative from the bigger, this is what you get manufacturers. gotta bug the boss to become a dealer cuz me thinks me needs me one of em.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
haha well i think the big thing is for the people who want the high end PSI stuff you get exactly what there riders in the motogp class ride.. not like Alpinestar.. the best alpine you can get is like $2500 + and its a downgrade from what guys like nicky hayden wear. PSI's stuff is total custom and cheap for what your getting . but there are a few dealers that are currently selling it around the valley but you can also just go direct to him too.

·
Registered
468 Posts
J_Web said:
so over the last little while i'v posted some pictures of the PSI suits and layouts and stuff and this weekend was the bike show and I just wanted to see how many of you got to take a look at the suits in person and what you thought of it .... the booth was smaller then it was supposed to due to the fact that PSI didn't get a shippment here in time but the Rossi and Hayden replicas were there ...
do they have a website?

·
Registered
1,768 Posts
J said:
PSI stuff you get exactly what there riders in the motogp class ride.. not like Alpinestar.. the best alpine you can get is like $2500 + and its a downgrade from what guys like nicky hayden wear.
OK Now I'm con-fuse-ed ? So are you saying that "Alpinestar" Didn't make "Rossi's " Suit ?

Funny thing is, I have pictures from the Alpinestar FACTORY in Italy, and there it was , not 1 but 3 "Rossi" suit's ? Please correct me if I'm wrong ?

The suit's that the Moto GP guy's wear are about half as thick as the suit you buy off the shelf, that's OK when you got Dr Costa and a whole Hospital staff 2 minutes away from your next bad crash. BUT I think the average "Joe Racer" no matter where he/she's from or where they race, I wouldn't feel verry safe riding in a suit that was desighned for "Weight saving's" and airflow in mind .

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BF said:
OK Now I'm con-fuse-ed ? So are you saying that "Alpinestar" Didn't make "Rossi's " Suit ?

Funny thing is, I have pictures from the Alpinestar FACTORY in Italy, and there it was , not 1 but 3 "Rossi" suit's ? Please correct me if I'm wrong ?

The suit's that the Moto GP guy's wear are about half as thick as the suit you buy off the shelf, that's OK when you got Dr Costa and a whole Hospital staff 2 minutes away from your next bad crash. BUT I think the average "Joe Racer" no matter where he/she's from or where they race, I wouldn't feel verry safe riding in a suit that was desighned for "Weight saving's" and airflow in mind .
hum well if you saw 3 rossi alpine star suits they must have been for some custom order cause rossi rides dainese and has never riddin alpine himself... also alpine star don't sell kangaroo leather to retail which is what the GP riders use. there about have the weight of cow hide which is what you will get in retail stores.. nothin against cow hide.. its still good but kangaroo is lighter and stronger... you can order kangaroo with PSI as an option ....

F

·
0 Posts
i want to get one of those for sure,,a buddy has one and he raves about it ,cant beat the price and its kangaroo

·
Got Hammer?
5,552 Posts
Tom's great. He's has a good option for anyone that wants to deal direct for something personalized and custom fitted. I haven't heard one complaint and I've heard of him personally helping take care of crash damaged suits of his customers.

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
adrenalin motorcycles in Victoria sells PSI leathers.

·
Registered
495 Posts
I stopped by and meet Tom cool guy expalined the suits well. I will definitly will have to look into getting one for racing(when I start racing). I got a set of PSI knee pucks to kick up my two piece suit.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts