BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thieves speed off with $300Gs in motorcycles
By JONATHAN JENKINS, TORONTO SUN

Ducati motorcycles are supposed to be hot and fast -- but not this hot and fast.

Peel cops say a tractor-trailer load of the high-end bikes moved so quickly it vanished before ever reaching a dealer's lot.

"It's very tough to do," Det.-Const. Mike Plante said yesterday of trying to track such stolen truckloads -- about 100 to 140 go missing in the Peel region each year.

The 30 bikes are worth at least $300,000 to the dealer and much more on the retail market.

The bikes were packed with a Whirlpool spa and three skids of toys heading to a discount store in the shipment that went missing around 4:15 a.m. Friday from Steeles Ave. and Rutherford Rd.

Anyone who knows of Ducati bikes being sold cheap should call police at 905-453-2121, ext. 3314 or 3316, or CrimeStoppers.
:laughing

·
Been there, Wrecked that!
'21 Vulcan 900 Custom
2,236 Posts
:eek: I knew it was too good to be true :firemad

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:court

Now we know: a Ducati costs a dealer $10,000. Translated: cost to build >$5000. Add distributor's cost of $5000 in good photography = $10,000. :laughing

I'm not pretty ...but um pretty smart.
:coffee

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
I wanna know where this discount store is if they are carrying Duc's

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
glad i could help. sorry to racerboy88 for using his post to make coffee sput!!

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
Hey, maybe we'll see Ducs at Wal-Mart soon.
They're already in stock... dismantled to make coffee grinders. You can tell from the distinctive rattle. Ya know what I mean... the 'I'm-broken-trade-me-in' clanking sound?

They were $19.99 but, like stolen Ducs and Wal-Mart stuff... the price keeps falling.
:coffee

·
Registered
875 Posts
On another note... I'm currently selling 3 brand new ducati's out of my garage. Never been ridden, and only $10,000 each. Anyone want one?

·
Blazin' Ducati's
147 Posts
duc

my yellow 996 was stolen last yr maybe it's in there? haH-HAH ICBC pay'd HUGE!!!!!!!!! To my suprise...... paid 12,000 put 10k on it and got 23+gst rebate

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
thank gawd they returned em cause the 1098 is fugly!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts