BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Local Weirdo
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was looking through the buy n sell and saw an ad for a bike. It mentioned that the registration was from another bike of the same make and model of the previous year.

I havent contacted the seller yet, because I dont know what this kind of different registration implies. I'm thinking that it was stripped, moddified or something of that sort.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what type of questions I should be asking the seller?

R

·
0 Posts
good chance it was stolen if thats the case.

if someone else shows up with the correct registration, you'll be screwed over.

·
Registered
118 Posts
If a cop pulls you over and sees that you have a bike registered under the wrong vin. Thats driving without insurance and liable to a 500 dollar fine and a tow to the impound. Not to mention if it is a stolen bike. You'll be in possession of stolen property. to make sure.. run the VIN number through this database

http://www.cpic-cipc.ca/English/search.cfm

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
What is the seller telling you? How is he explaining that he is trying to pass off this bike as another one? Better wear oven mits and sun block 2000. There is something VERY illegal going on here. If you buy it & get stopped you could end up being charged with possessing stolen property ( even you think something funny is going on), you have no insurance, no registration, a tow job and you loose the bike and all your money. Even if the Cops don't get you and it ends up stolen or you crash...THIS bike is not the one registered and insured and all of the above could happen.

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
I have paperwork for the building next to mine , I know it's a different address but at $1,000,000 it's a bargain.

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
5thgear said:
I have paperwork for the building next to mine , I know it's a different address but at $1,000,000 it's a bargain.
Does it have waterfront property too Bill? Can you get me the paperwork for the bike shop down the street including contents?

·
Local Weirdo
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the respones,
havent called the seller yet because its a long distance call and I wanted to get an idea of what the diff reg papers meant.

R

·
0 Posts
Six-Strung said:
thanks for the respones,
havent called the seller yet because its a long distance call and I wanted to get an idea of what the diff reg papers meant.
lol, if he's not local, then it's even more of a scam
"ill send you the bike from nigeria after you pay via money transfer ...yup, super cheap bike! buy me from!"

D

·
0 Posts
i thought we had covered this kind of thing enough that people were getting wise to it.

obviously the greed in getting a smoking deal still prevails.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Six-Strung said:
thanks for the respones,
Everytime we have someone lose a bike to thieves, we rant about it on this site. Do your part and notify the police in that jurisdiction and see if they can follow up and maybe recover a stolen bike. Heck, the bike might even belong to someone on this site. Who knows?

·
Registered
520 Posts
Call they guy, get the number that you can contact him. Say you wanna pick up the bike and call cops to agange the pick up :)

·
X-nasty
2,287 Posts
You don't want to spent the extra $0.12/minute to call to check it out for real?

Let me guess, you live in Vancouver and whine about driving out to Abbostford to the bike show too?

·
Banned
2,578 Posts
:confused The seller included mention of this mis-matched registration in his/her advertisement?

·
565 Posts
I smell a rat.

Stay away...far far away.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts