BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

Purchasing gear

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Squint 
#1 ·
Where do you all purchase your gear from? Local or online? I've done a mixture of both local(as in Vernon) and fortnine for online. Just curious to hear what others do around the province.

#4 ·
In Vancouver, a great place for used gear is

East Side Re-rides

http://rerides.ca/

They have a bunch of cruiser stuff, but also have a pretty
good selection of used leathers, boots, gloves

Well worth a visit - and you can surf the website which
has most of the stock listed

#9 ·
Almost everyone here has bought plenty of gear online. Yes a suit needs a tight fit so getting that just right is important but for things like gloves or mesh gear you can do a bit of sizing research and buy with reasonable confidence. I've gotten good deals from the motorcyclegear.com closeout section ever since they were called New Enough.

#12 ·
It just needs a cost benefit analysis. There are obviously far more US sites and if you're good at spotting deals there are a lot to be had so the conversion is worth it. As for shipping - depends how quickly I want it. If I'm in a hurry or shipping is too much then it goes to Pt. Roberts but I've had plenty of items sent right to my door. Same cost benefit applies. Is it worth my time to make a trip to save $20 - no. If it's $45 and I time it to fill up a full tank of gas - probably.

#11 ·
Another option is looking for good quality used gear. I've found some great deals on near new textile gear, boots and gloves both locally (e.g. CL, here and LIRC FB) and on sites like ADVRider.com. If you know your size and how different brands fit (admittedly, it's easier to get a good fit with textiles than leather jackets and pants) it's a great option.

#14 ·
Well classifieds keep coming through for me. Picked up a swingarm stand(f4i has no holes for spools) and two piece cortech leathers for two bills all in from the same fellow. Seems like decent quality/weight to it. Their magnum series I believe. Spent most of its life hanging in a closet from what I can tell. No scuffs, rubs or stains. Full armour and 3/4 waist zip. Removable quilted liner too. Pretty stoked, castanet score.**

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.