BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone used QuadLock mounts on their bikes? I'm thinking of possibly using my phone as a GPS but am concerned about the vibrations causing damage to the phone or the camera.

I came across Hondo Garage which have a vibration isolator accessory and wonder if it would actually help.
The last and perhaps better option is to use an older phone I have kicking around and use that for maps, just download them in advance (and can always hotspot on the go if needed with primary phone). The downside here is it's another item to connect to headset if I want sound. I'm probably ok without the voice alerts for Nav, but it is something to consider.

Link here below to Hondo
Motorcycle Mounting Systems

·
BCSB Public Relations
10,277 Posts
I've used a few Hondo Garage products in my last truck, and by & large they were all well made and lived up to the hype. The Hondo team are also the guys behind the (highly successful) Go Fast Campers (https://gofastcampers.com/); they make decent stuff.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Another option to consider...I've used Rokform stuff for a couple years now. Really secure dual action interface. I have kits for my car, motorcycle and bicycles and they all work great with no adverse affects. Kinda pricey though. The mount is integrated into the case and it would be almost impossible for the phone to pop out of the mount.

If you like their stuff, you can use the coupon code "DDE30" on the US website for 30% off.

Mountable, Protective cases & Accessories for Apple iPhone and Galaxy.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts