BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
I make grown adults cry!
344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www2.canoe.com/infos/quebeccanada/archives/2006/04/20060411-175848.html

The article is in french, but the gist of it is that the Quebec government is thinking of banning bikes of larger than 400cc displacement. The root cause is that the government owned insurance company doesn't want to pay for deaths/injuries caused by motorcycles.

Anybody heard if Victoria is having similar thoughts and if so, when are we riding over to start a bonfire on the front lawn of the Legislature?

·
Registered
978 Posts
is it all sportbikes over 400cc or all bikes in general over 400cc? my 250 ninja is faster than my dads 750 shadow so it doesnt make sense

·
Registered
155 Posts
ssblade said:
those idiots should just ban themselves from canada and fuckoff already.
I agree, who cares what happens in Quebec. God damn sepratists. One thing I hate more then Quebec is the god damn Block!! They treat Quebec likes its an entirely seperate country and take votes away from real political parties that acturaly have a shot at coming into power! However, Gilles Duceppe is a great leader, but his party platform is not the best for Canada.

oh yeah, and don't ban sportbikes.....:)

F

·
0 Posts
where's this quebec place ? is it near newfyland ?

ban sportbikes ,but the liquor store on each corner is fine

·
BADUNKADUNK
1,408 Posts
Good luck trying to ban the bikes. When I was down in Montreal 2 years ago it seemed like there was a biker rally 500 rider strong every night at one end of St. Catherines Street (Similar to our Robson but about 10X bigger for those who don't know)

·
Registered
6,127 Posts
LOL I cant wait to see the outcome of this.

·
Posing with conviction
5,396 Posts
doug said:
imagine the hell's angels and the roc machine fighting on scooters
Good point. That is prolly what it is all about: dealing with the bikers in a vain way to push them out of the province.

·
Three hour tour guide
8,750 Posts
ssblade said:
those idiots should just ban themselves from canada and fuckoff already.
+1, hope the door don't smack 'em in the ass on the way out!
Well, on second thought, hope it smacks 'em hard!

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Man, the French are funny people...don't want biker gangs=ban bikes...same reasoning as, you can't get people to follow rules=ban people...dumb. No wonder they lost the war!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
I can't see it happening.

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
R6er said:
I agree, who cares what happens in Quebec. God damn sepratists. ....:)
Check out all of the referendum results,
More than half of Quebec do not want to seperate.:rtfm
DO NOT GENERALIZE FOR A FEW IDIOTS

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
slowzuki said:
Man, the French ... No wonder they lost the war!
The French discovered Canada, If it wasn't for the French there wouldn't be a Canada. So thank them.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts