BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Yeah, that is a shame. I see BMW found a new home at Kelowna Honda Powerhouse dealership. M&M Performance has taken on Triumph. I hate to say it, but it's going to take a shop owner with passion for that brand, and alot of patience, because Ducati dealership is a passion thing, certainly not a financial common sense thing.

I heard that Redline Cycle will do non warranty service on Ducatis. Honestly, when master tech Gord McMartin stepped away from the bike business, while at Bentley, Ducati ownership in the Okanagan became a more difficult situation. He was the service dept. at Bentley.
It is a consideration for sure. Who knows there is a lot of money floating around here lately, so maybe someone will step up. It's nice to have a dealer with experience near by.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Well ... after talking to a few friends and sitting on a few bikes I have come a bit full circle. I decided to start on a 600 sport bike. I have always enjoyed the twisty roads more than going fast in a straight line. I have found 2 bikes that I am deciding between, either a 2007 Yamaha R6 or a Kawasaki ZX6-R. Both fit me well, have low KM's, have been well cared for and, it sounds like they were both great bikes. The Kawasaki is bone stock the Yamaha has some nice mods, LED lights, exhaust etc. They are comparable price wise Yamaha is just a smidge more, it's a tough decision to make. Please chime in with an opinion if you have a moment.

·
backslider
11,236 Posts
from the frying pan into the fyre, eh ...

which of the two gives you the biggest smile - that's the one to get.

Reactions: DRKBC

·
Registered
630 Posts
Either of those bikes will go pretty fast in a straight line too........if the aftermarket stuff on the Yamaha are things you would end up buying/doing to the kawi then it might be a better deal even if a little more. Exhaust can get pricey, although led's depending what they are could be cheap up to again a bit of expense for a quality fender delete and nice led signals. Heck it was warm enough today you could've test road them!

·
Registered
630 Posts
One persons version of well cared for can be quite different from another's too. Verifiable maintenance would be something to check for and maybe a deciding factor between the two. Someone should be able to explain in depth if they did all maintenance themselves and be able to provide some kind of record and if not a diy'er then receipts from a shop.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
One persons version of well cared for can be quite different from another's too. Verifiable maintenance would be something to check for and maybe a deciding factor between the two. Someone should be able to explain in depth if they did all maintenance themselves and be able to provide some kind of record and if not a diy'er then receipts from a shop.
For the R6 he was pretty meticulous the forks where rebuilt at the end of the season at the Yamaha dealer, oil, filter and coolant changed at that time. He had the battery out put it back in before I came out to look at the bike. Really everything was spotless other than it could use a rear tire which he told me before I came to view it. That is the one I decided to go with.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Either of those bikes will go pretty fast in a straight line too........if the aftermarket stuff on the Yamaha are things you would end up buying/doing to the kawi then it might be a better deal even if a little more. Exhaust can get pricey, although led's depending what they are could be cheap up to again a bit of expense for a quality fender delete and nice led signals. Heck it was warm enough today you could've test road them!
congratulations. The first NBD of the new year!
Thank you! I'm excited to get back on the road.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Yes you are right about that, it is a quick bike and I will be spending some time getting to know it over the coming months no doubt. It was a tough decision but the R6 one out, in the end.

·
Registered
630 Posts
I'm pretty partial to Yamaha myself. My wife is a kawi girl though. I sometimes miss my cbr f4i as the fz1 is a bit of a tank in comparison, 600 supersports are a lot of fun. I hope it gives you lots of trouble free km's.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
Reactions: DRKBC and Steve G.

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
nice! sweet exhaust.

Reactions: DRKBC
21 - 34 of 34 Posts