BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

question about MST/MSA (PARKING LOT) TEST

2K views 8 replies 2 participants last post by  blazinr6 
G
#1 ·
i was just wondering if the MST/MSA (PARKING LOT) TEST is always the same... what i mean by this is....

does the obstacle course thing ever change??

im asking because my dad is taking that test on the 18th and I gave him a full out drawing/diagram of the whole obstacle course...

he's been riding for a long time back in philippines and finally wants to get back into and steal my bike away from me...

:( :rider

G
#2 ·
as far as I know, it is. I've seen others taking the test and the course looked the same as the one at my course. if it's not, it will be the exact same skills being tested anyways, so if he has those down he should be fine.

G
#3 ·
yep, i think it is too...i took it 5 years ago and went with a friend when he did his last year and it was identical...your dad should do fine - just dont leave your keys lying around;)

G
#4 ·
hahaha dont worry ill melt down all the other keys lying around other than my own and my spare.

i hope so... i want him to buy a bike so i can take that and give him mine....

just wouldnt want him coming along group rides... makes it hard to pick up the chickies.. hahahaha.

thanks guys... i hope it is identical...

G
#6 ·
figure 8's... man, i never did those...

the one i did had 2 main mini obstacle course...

1st PART:
-slow speed ride... as in slow ass... like walking speed.
-stop on a dime with my front wheel inside a little box
-left hand U-TURN
-slalom about 5 cones
-do that same obstacle course again only this time, it start with a left hand turn and goes into the walking speed ride

2nd PART:
-ride hand turn
-pick up speed on a straight... and bring the bike to 2nd gear.
-right hand U-TURN... its a wide one so u can stay on 2nd gear
-go down the long straight and at the end the tester was there and when he signalled to stop i had to do an emergency stop.

is this what everyone else had to go through for the PARKING LOT test????

#8 ·
CBR600F2 said:
figure 8's... man, i never did those...

the one i did had 2 main mini obstacle course...

1st PART:
-slow speed ride... as in slow ass... like walking speed.
-stop on a dime with my front wheel inside a little box
-left hand U-TURN
-slalom about 5 cones
-do that same obstacle course again only this time, it start with a left hand turn and goes into the walking speed ride

2nd PART:
-ride hand turn
-pick up speed on a straight... and bring the bike to 2nd gear.
-right hand U-TURN... its a wide one so u can stay on 2nd gear
-go down the long straight and at the end the tester was there and when he signalled to stop i had to do an emergency stop.

is this what everyone else had to go through for the PARKING LOT test????

this is EXACTLY what i did in action

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.