BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My problem is that the frame that comes down the sides ( don't know proper name) gets very hot. Is this normal ?
My ride is a ZX-7R.

Simon

·
R6 CREW
97 Posts
What kind of temperature reading are you getting? I know when i'm riding through rush hour the bike can easily hit 100 degrees, and then yes i can feel slight heat coming through...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Normal operating temp. for stop and go traffic can range anywhere from low 90's to high 100's. Nothing above 110 I would believe. But even at that degree, it shouldnt be blistering hot on your legs.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's not blistering, that would be just too damn hot.
Like enough to sweat. The gauge doesn't really move
unless I sit there in traffic for awhile and idle.
Just worried that the gauge maybe broken.
But it is hot too the touch. I dunno, maybe I'll
just take it to dealer and ask them.
Thanks!

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
Mine's always warm. Don't worry about it. It is normal.

·
Registered
74 Posts
80-109

my bike runs at about 75 to 90 while rippin the highway or regular roads but in rush hour or such times as waiting half hour to get across the lions gate bridge it climbs to 107 before the cooling system kicks in and then it drops it to about 100, then it climbs again to 107 or 109 and it does this cycle until i can get going and get some air into the engine, at first i thought it was my bike but after investigating it is normal. mine is a 2003 f4i

·
Registered
8 Posts
I went on a ride to Mt. St. Hellen's so there was 4 of us in all (older Z-7, newer gixer 750, newer CBR1100XX & RC51). One of the topic's of conversation was "who's frame is the hottest". I was surprised to touch mine and find it quite hot even though I did not win (I think the RC51 did.....Twister?). Anyway, not to worry it is just from the engine heat.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all :thumbup
I was beginning to stress, thinking something was wrong
with my baby.

later y'all

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my 636 will reach temps of 208 at a red light..ive had no problems

·
Registered
93 Posts
It's all normal. When the engine is putting 100+Hp, the heat it generates has to go somewhere. Since the engine is attached to the frame it would make sence that the frame would also get a little warm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts