BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

Registered
Appears self imposed kung flu cabin fever has affected residents here. The original posting was a decent enquiry, with 2 possible answers I think. Yes, a 250 Ninja could absolutely be ridden to Kelowna regularly, heck, even Key West is a go, tire life the only limiting factor with that one. These small modern engines are designed for high revs, especially liquid cooled EFI machines, with short stroke design and stable running temperatures. The second answer, yes, you could handle the ride. A big caveat, if you are 6'3", you will suffer, and suffer badly. Pain medication should be in your front pocket. If you have 60 year old hockey/racquetball knees, this will not be a good experience. Bar risers is a good move to lessen the reach to the grips, but add weight to your rear end and feet. Ultimately, comfort wise, shared body weight to all your contact points is the key to touring comfort, regardless of motorcycle size. Effective windscreen is also a no brainer, and effective does not have to mean large, but should mean at the very least some protection, without causing 'dirty air' and turbulence for the rider.

Registered
The original post was based on frequent 400 km hwy rides on a very old 250 it has morphed into a my bike is better post.
A couple days ago I had a hell of a hard time keeping up to a 300 on my 525. in its natural habitat that is馃槉
received_292176598571355.png

Registered
Nahhh. No one wants to get into a 'my bike is better than yours' argument with me...........I ride a fz1.:p

Registered
If it was full fairing and factory hardbags it probably was. I commute with it Lavington to armstrong pretty much every weekday if it isn't raining or winter. Weekends I go the other direction mostly, over the monashees.

Registered
Long understanding reduction of sun flares will cause altered and cooler weather the next 10 years.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts