BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you think ethical egoism is a disturbing doctrine?

Thanks

·
'04 R1 - You are mine!
1,697 Posts
sunchai said:

Thanks

My answer is 42...I think.

·
Registered
11,614 Posts
C. The answer is always C.

·
Registered
248 Posts
F+++ i hate art students, using big words doesnt make you cool or smart. You know if you said that in plain english youd sound like a retard right. Youd be saying "Do you guys think that its a disturbing beleif or teaching that people out to do things which are in their own self interest. even if it means that its tredding on someone elses interest?"

If you want to spew your crap and sounds smart go do it somewhere else, not a sport bike forum. I think you need some beer, enough beer fixes you people up.

"Sorry to fly off the handle like that" (Mr. Fargus from family guy)
BTW, am i allowed to swear on this forum? I edited it out this time

·
Learning the hard way.
1,334 Posts
FloMan said:
My answer is 42...I think.
It's the QUESTION you need to know.

c.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sv650 is a great starter bike ,dont let the haters keep you away from a BUSA

·
Registered
3,938 Posts
Driftland said:
F+++ i hate art students, using big words doesnt make you cool or smart. You know if you said that in plain english youd sound like a retard right. Youd be saying "Do you guys think that its a disturbing beleif or teaching that people out to do things which are in their own self interest. even if it means that its tredding on someone elses interest?"

If you want to spew your crap and sounds smart go do it somewhere else, not a sport bike forum. I think you need some beer, enough beer fixes you people up.

"Sorry to fly off the handle like that" (Mr. Fargus from family guy)
BTW, am i allowed to swear on this forum? I edited it out this time
Geez I think you need a beer. Relax.

And I would start off with the new R1 cuz like I heard the guy with his girl at Pac Yam the other day. "It's really really fast."

·
contradiction incarnate
2,748 Posts
ethical egoism

just because someone asks a philosophical debate based question doesn't mean they're talking down to you if you don't follow.

there are plenty of people that wouldn't know what the hell we were going on about if we started talking about motorcycles to them.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes there is a cream for that ,and you will eventually get your sight back ,but only in your left eye.

oh yeah r6 is the poser bike
spend money on a trac school instead of a pipe
chrome is gay
flames are gay
yamaha=junk
kawi's are all green
honda's suck
BUELL is a real bike
5th gear is in richmond
brad sells bikes and parts
size matters
blue
tuesdays
f
its color not colour
and canada is not a lake

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
my gf had to do something on that exact question. don't anwser if you don't have an opinion on the topic please. Thank You

what does gsxr1000 have anything to do with this topic? Am I missing something?

·
DELTA-ONE
795 Posts
Are you saying that everything she does/says in your relationship is in her own best interests?

If so then that's a waste of time. :coffee

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
sunchai said:

Thanks
It can only be disturbing if it is prescriptive but the descriptive sense isn't disturbing at all. But the disturbance (or lack there of if you are like me) can be reconciled when people realize that the doctrine of self-referentiality of other-benefitting actions is seperate from the ethics involved. That is, ethics need not play a role in describing the other-benefitting actions of a an egocentric person. It gets fucked when you try to award some ethical considerations to egoism which is, arguably, a scientific/anthropolical thesis.
If you remember that ethics talks about value judgements (ie. what one ought to do) and descriptive doctrines like egoism describe how things really are (or attempts to describe anyways) then you realize that there is no conflict or disturbance at all.

This is my take anyways and I hope I'm not oversimplifying the issue.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
Did you know all limosines were custom made. I mean there is no factory for limos. Weird.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
mli35 said:
Did you know all limosines were custom made. I mean there is no factory for limos. Weird.

that beats mine for sure .lol

1 - 20 of 40 Posts