BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
The Philosopher King
1,345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just a quick question how much gain or how much of a difference would one receive from a 1mm overbore kit. This would change a 598cc motor to 617cc. I am just trying to figure out if its worth the near $1000

Thanks

·
Registered
8,785 Posts
You would gain more by getting your cam reground for more duration. That's in the $200 price mark and it's a good cheater trick on race bikes. Easily good for 10 to 15 hp and lot's more torque.

·
Premium Member
11,196 Posts
That same thousand would likely get you into a far more major overbore... as in your bike plus the G note would put a bigger displacement bike in your garage. Now THAT'S the trouble free way to more power....

·
Eh Muh Gawd Becky!!
6,648 Posts
just do it. like Nike says!! get more stickers too from then piston company. adds even more HP. my 600 is ending up at 636 when i'm done but its more then just an overbore kit.

·
One Lump Sum
605 Posts
I highly doubt the results of an extra 19cc's will be worth that kind of money. If you can't find a bigger overbore kit than that I wouldn't bother.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
Is 1 or 2 horsepower really worth a G note? I'd rather just get a larger cc bike by design.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
unless you have bore it , there's not much point , lighter/stronger pistons are nice fore sure and part of the program . a nice dyno tunning and power commander would make your bike a better ride , don't forget about retiming your stock cams .another part too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts