BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So with 1 child and another one on the way, life priorities have changed and I need to sell my bike. What's the quickest/easiest way to sell the bike? I will reach out to a couple of dealerships, but will still require me to take the bike out of storage, inflate tires, etc., insure the bike, and ride to the dealership and take an Uber back home. Is there a motorcycle equivalent of www.clutch.ca where there is pickup service? Don't want to bother with selling privately.

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
Many dealers will come and pick it up. You won't get much for it.

Used bikes fetch premium prices these days. A private sale is the way to go. Kids are expensive.

If you just want it gone tell us what you have and someone here might want it.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
there is not much traffic on this old site, but it's worthwhile to advertise on the 604 motorcycles facebook page. a private sale comes with some hassles, but you'll net far more than selling to a dealership.
(p.s. enjoy your kids. (y)(y) they'll be be gone in 20 years, and you can come back to riding...)

Reactions: jermyzy

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks, going to reach out to a couple dealerships first. I managed to sell my wife's bike privately a few years ago and was straightforward as the first person who saw it took the bike. I know I can get more privately, but simply don't have the time right now.

It's a 2009 Suzuki SV650SA, with only 6132km.

edit: Just wanted to add, I have not been active on these forums for years, but when I first started riding, members here were very welcoming (especially FZrrr) and I enjoyed the few group rides I took part in.

Reactions: oldgixxer

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sold to Daytona Motorsports - very quick and painless procedure. Did have to bring the bike in myself, but managed to get one last ride in on Saturday with the great weather - was very sad to let it go. I think my wife saw it and felt bad - before I turned the keys in, she asked me if I was sure I wanted to sell the bike 😅 Hope to be back one day when the kiddos are grown up.

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
well done jermyzy. the same 8 people will still be posting on BCSB in 20 year's time when you make your return! :LOL: we're waiting...

• Haha
Reactions: CrashTested
1 - 8 of 8 Posts