BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen people stay on the brakes too long/hard and flip forwards while attempting an endo...

But watch this guy, something weird happens.

I still can't understand what happened.

Did he have a spasm and all of the sudden grab the brake full force? Or did he hit something... or what!? Theres a huge "chunking" sound right before he flips... Maybe something got stuck in his rotors or rim spokes???

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7NW35ihVYqQ&mode=related&search=

·
No the pic is not me
930 Posts
There was definitely something white in his way (no not the centre line), whatever it is it did a number on his bike.

·
Swivel on it
11,659 Posts
The white thing only comes up to the bike AFTER the pop and the flip has started. Pause the video and move it forward frame by frame ...

·
One Lump Sum
605 Posts
The white "thing" isn't solid, tire blowing up probably made a puff of smoke or some such. Must've sucked balls though...

·
Blue Power Ranger
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm still thinking something got stuck in his rim or rotor...

That thing JUMPS into the air.

·
More filling!
486 Posts
I'm still thinking something got stuck in his rim or rotor...

That thing JUMPS into the air.
Nah, I agree that the tire blew. Bike wasn't quite vertical when the tire blew, tire stopped rotating, mass of bike then rotates around contact patch, projecting mass of bike upward as well as forward (because mass of bike had to rise for mass of non-vertical bike to rotate over contact patch). Highschool physics at its best. Flippin (ahem) poor timing, though. :rockon

And another thing....that white spot is definitely from the tire blowing. The front tire actually moves *backward* as the bike flips up and spins. So initially that white spot was exactly where the tire was, but as you watch, the tire moves backward to the right away from the spot. And, the spot promptly dissapears, guaranteeing that it's a puff of rapidly decompressing air (which will briefly form a fog).

At least it looks like the bike didn't quite land on him. Hard to see what he's wearing. Looks like helmet, jeans and a cotton shirt. Gloves? Can't tell. He landed on his head at next to no speed, so he was probably damned sore but not too messed up.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts