BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok well heres the deal, sold my bike last year 00' R6 and ive been to busy over the year to pick up anothere bike but im looking to get one very soon but im not sure what to get. Ive been doing as much reading as i can about the bikes im intrested in but im not sure what to do. Yes i have riden all 3 bikes and honestly i like them all. They all offer a little something different than the othere one.
The only thing that is an issue right now is reliability. I will ride the bike most of theyear so i want something reliable and im not hearing great things about the Kawi and the Gixxer. I havent heard much going wrong with the R6 tho.

Any input woudl be great, help make the final decision a little easier on me i supose.

Thanks

Tim

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have you had any problems with the bike as of yet?? I see that you have a K6 and ive been hearing things about the slipper clutch giveing people problems (possibly because they are not using it properly, but i dont see how that would be).
I would probably not finance it at all just buy it right out, i dont like payments :p

·
Registered
67 Posts
The only thing I'm dealing with is a sore neck. I have 3500kms on the bike and everything is working fine thus far. BTW the pipe is loud and Ifind it annoying at 5000-6000. I am wearing ear plugs a lot. Keep in mind too that the gixxer has all the things you'll need to buy for the other bikes like signals, hugger, rear seat cowl, etc....

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You find the stock pipe to be loud or you have an aftermarket one?
Im not to worried about noise so much as i will be riding with plugs in most of the time anyway as i will use the bike to comute often.
I have talked to ben at NSSY about one a while back but ive been undecided as if right now.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Another thing that you may or may not have noticed is that the gixxer power is very linear. I know some people don't love that.

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tha is one of the things i liked about the gixxer over the R6. Noticed a very big difference there and thought it woudl be noticable around town as i will be, like i said, riding this as a commuter bike.

·
Registered
67 Posts
For speed though it's the 636. We did some heads up stuff last weekend with 05 R6, 03 6R, my bike and 05 636 Kawi and he blew us away.

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Iceman 19, did you have a black 5.0 with a SC on it or something?? I think i remember the screen name from somewhere.

Wel i have been wanting the Kawi basicly since i started looking for the extra little grunt it offers i like the look and feel but i hear bad reliability is one thing that is common with a Kawi. Im not sure if this is just brand loalaty (to another bran othere than Kawi obviously) or fact. I just want something, fun, reliable, i can track from time to time and ride daily.

The 600 market is so close these days its hard to decide.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Kawi's other than goofs on BCSB that love to say kawi=junk.

·
Black on black crime
873 Posts
Iceman 19, did you have a black 5.0 with a SC on it or something?? I think i remember the screen name from somewhere.

Wel i have been wanting the Kawi basicly since i started looking for the extra little grunt it offers i like the look and feel but i hear bad reliability is one thing that is common with a Kawi. Im not sure if this is just brand loalaty (to another bran othere than Kawi obviously) or fact. I just want something, fun, reliable, i can track from time to time and ride daily.

The 600 market is so close these days its hard to decide.

Never had a blown 5.0, but Ive had many 5.0s.

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Not a big fan of the 750. I have rode all of these bikes and honestly i like what they all have to offer me. There all different in there own ways, but i found that when i rode the 750 it was noticably less limber around the bends than the smaller 600. Possibly due to the additional weight in the form of rotating mass?? Or possibly just how i preseved it. But one way or another ill be on a 600 class machine.

Shit, why cant coins have 3 sides lol.

Tim

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
That's funny, the 750 weighs less than a rr , hell my 1000 weighs less than a rr . buy wat does ya , if you REALLY rode them then you would know that the 750 is going be the new moto gp type bike for the street when things go 800 . allways on the forfront ,what i,m saying is the 750 is a way more streetable package ,unless you like small motors . 800 gixxer soon .ride safe 600's are just 750's with smaller motors . all good if you got to buy a 600 then buy the kawi 636 .they call it the cheater lol lol lol have fun

·
Faster than u!
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its not the fact that it weighs less its where the weight is in the bike that i dont like. With the 1000 there is alot more rotating mass that throws off the bikes ability to switch direction quickly. There is the same issue in the 750, just to a lesser extent.
Im not conserned about huge amounts of power as i dont need it, never have. Ive keept up to buddies on there liter machines in 600 class machines so its not a consern for me.
Oh, i have REALLY riden a 750, and yes its a great bike, but for what im looking for a 600 is plenty. 750 is overkill IMO (for what im doing).

Tim

·
Registered
115 Posts
There is nothing wrong with Kawi's other than goofs on BCSB that love to say kawi=junk.
He's right, all I've had to do is put gas in and replace the rear tire

1 - 20 of 33 Posts