BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
Almost40 said:
Is it a lot of work and cost to convert it to street use?
it's 755 for a full set for pretty much all bike models, then factor in another 150 or so bucks to convert it for street use. Then your gonna want to paint them probably, and perhaps if you want, sticker them up.... so add a bit more money on top of that. But it's hella a lot cheaper than trying to buy a full set of stock body work.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
I am getting a full set of race fairings for the track for 500 bucks under the table :D

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Almost40 said:
Is it a lot of work and cost to convert it to street use?
If you're not very handy at this sort of thing or don't have the tools or place to do the work it would probably be quite pricey.

But to shoot a single color of paint onto the plastic wouldn't be too expensive. Probably $300 to $400 for a basic job.

Bear in mind too that racing body work does not come with the little mounting holes pre-drilled or any needed bushings or spacers. You have to figure all that out for yourself.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
yup, bmatthews is right, you're gonna have to drill all the mounting holes in. As well as anything extra for like mirrors and such.... so it's not just a slap on the bike kinda deal when you get your stuff.... some work is actually involved for once :) :)

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Doesn't OPP bodywork come with reinforced carbon kevlar mounting points? If so, wouldn't it be pre-drilled than?

... or do you have to drill within the reinforced mounting points?

BTW, what thickness did you buy?

Canadian_Gixxer said:
yup, bmatthews is right, you're gonna have to drill all the mounting holes in. As well as anything extra for like mirrors and such.... so it's not just a slap on the bike kinda deal when you get your stuff.... some work is actually involved for once :) :)

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
Mines coming in medium weight. If it has anything for reinforcing I be double happy.

They might put extra patches on there but it's still up to you to drill and supply any standoff spacers. Looking at the pics the stuff doesn't have any of those little dimple recesses.

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
medium. I think he says he doesn't really bring in the heavy stuff anymore....

but, yeah, I believe there are dimples (well it might depend on which bodywork you get, the f4i one I saw had dimples where you needed to drill at), you just have to drill in them, I checked out the stuff on wednsday when I went down to the shop. The stuff is nice, just requries a little bit of work to get it ready....

H

·
0 Posts
hey Canadian_Gixxer
the shop that u mention has some parts that i have been looking for a while .. almost waste money to order from state and wate shipping and taxes....ouch....
great to support local business...
thx.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Did they have your bodywork in stock? If not, how long did you wait for it to come in?
Canadian_Gixxer said:
medium. I think he says he doesn't really bring in the heavy stuff anymore....

but, yeah, I believe there are dimples (well it might depend on which bodywork you get, the f4i one I saw had dimples where you needed to drill at), you just have to drill in them, I checked out the stuff on wednsday when I went down to the shop. The stuff is nice, just requries a little bit of work to get it ready....

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
eg_hybrid said:
Did they have your bodywork in stock? If not, how long did you wait for it to come in?
he didn't have any new gsxr bodywork in.... he is expecting his next shipment around mid-april..... he had lots of other bike bodywork in though.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
If you guy's want to pay top dollar for bodywork,thats fine by me,but if you want the same bodywork that OPP is selling now at an extra cost to yourself,give him a shout.

If you want the same bodywork at a discount price.
www.overthetop.ca is where you can order it from .$750.00 tax in.

·
Premium Member
11,195 Posts
PH-Q2 said:
If you guy's want to pay top dollar for bodywork,thats fine by me,but if you want the same bodywork that OPP is selling now at an extra cost to yourself,give him a shout.

I saw this a while back but they don't list anything for the older Honda's so I just gave it a nod and passed through. Do you know if he can get other stuff too? Or is that your site? I seem to recognize that bike in the pics :D

·
Super Moderator
5,114 Posts
the main reason I went with opp was they will do the big part of the conversion for street use for me which was doing the headlight part.... costed me a bit more, but oh well....

if it was track use only, then going with overtop is a no-brainer if you want to save a bit of $$ money.

·
Track Day Wh0re
505 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm in the same situation as CDN_gixxer.
Though i'm ok for the front end. My problem is that i would like to use the LED taillights for the tail section. I know OPP makes a nice (anti-drag kit) cover that fits the LED tailights.

PH-Q2, does you guys make the anti-drag kit??

PH-Q2 said:

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Anti drag kit...... Nope Just the bodywork. RC 51 F4i R6&1 ZX6&9 GSX-R all

·
Registered
725 Posts
eg_hybrid said:
I'm in the same situation as CDN_gixxer.
Though i'm ok for the front end. My problem is that i would like to use the LED taillights for the tail section. I know OPP makes a nice (anti-drag kit) cover that fits the LED tailights.

PH-Q2, does you guys make the anti-drag kit??

Ian and I just to a marker outlined the cut outs froms the stock bodywork onto our race glass,

then we dremeled it to fit, it was really easy but i am not sure if yours will be any more difficult

1 - 20 of 25 Posts