BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Twin B
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just watched some Canadian Superbike at Race City, wow, does it look bumpy. Just how bad is the track surface? And the exit of that last corner before the straight... heading straight at the outside wall. :eek
Is that as bad as it looks?
Otherwise looks like fun.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
Trevor was saying it is scarier and more dangerous than Mission

·
Twin B
1,208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
The pavement is lifted by frost every winter and is in serious need of a resurfacing. I know a few of the top national guys are talking about getting it taken off the series unless it's repaved.

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
The pavement is lifted by frost every winter and is in serious need of a resurfacing. I know a few of the top national guys are talking about getting it taken off the series unless it's repaved.
From what I've been told, Stratotech Park in Edmonton would be an excellent replacement for an Alberta round: much safer layout and an organized, well-run facility.

·
Necessary Evil
464 Posts
From what I've been told, Stratotech Park in Edmonton would be an excellent replacement for an Alberta round: much safer layout and an organized, well-run facility.
Well from what I've been told!! LOL, the superbikes are way too fast for Stratotech. Maybe we should get rid of the Superbikes from Canadian National racing, then the track choices will be a bit better. :coffee

·
Shiftless clutcher
2,738 Posts
Yeah, with 9 turns packed into 1.77 km, Edmonton is for sure a 600cc track, and although it's even shorter than Mission, the layout appears more smooth and flowing.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Yeah, with 9 turns packed into 1.77 km, Edmonton is for sure a 600cc track, and although it's even shorter than Mission, the layout appears more smooth and flowing.
Has anybody been to this Edmonton track? What's it like?

Track days there seem to be cheap and plentyful.

·
damn broken leg!!!!!!!
1,610 Posts
If you go to race city, bring a steering damper and softer springs. The last turn on to the straight is a nightmare which has claimed a life (hit hot pit wall). There it a near blind, high speed corner before the 'keyhole' (after the bus stop). I had a prairie dog run infront of my front wheel at full lean angle and very fast. Had to check up and hope I didn't hit another rider. Oh, and it's a blast in the wet with the VHT on the straight.

Oh yeah, I highly recommend that track. Just buy life insurance first.

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Edmonton is fun. It is fairly safe as far as North American tracks go and pretty tight. It was designed originally for go-cart racing but a 600 can still be a good time there. I haven't rode my motard there but I think it would be a blast.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
Edmonton is fun.
Is it worth the trip and a day off work? Edmonton isn't typically anyone's favourite destination after all...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
It is a long ways to go for one day, especially if it rains. If you have some time on your hands though and you want to try out a new track it should be worth it. For me I would first hit Seattle, Portland, Spokane and Mission of course, because they are all a lot closer, and then try Edmonton. The long and short of it is I have never ridden on a track that was not fun and I like to ride as many as possible.

·
Banned
1,946 Posts
If you have some time on your hands though ...
I never have time on my hands and what I do have on my hands I'd rather not mention.

Thanks for the info!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts