BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a quick search and didn't find what I was looking for, so here it goes...
Does anyone run race gas (100, 108, 110, etc...) in their bike? Do you do it often, or just every now and again to clean out your fuel system(this is what I'd like to do)... I know the upsides of it (for cars and dirtbikes), but are there any downsides to it for a street bike.

I ride an 03 R6 if it makes a difference.
Thanks for any info...

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
Unless you are racing and are looking for that extra .5 second a lap, the only thing race gas will speed up is the emptying of your wallet. It will add a few horse but from the seat of the pants it will be hard to feel a difference. In some cases, depending on the race fuel that is used, it will also shorten the life of your motor for various reasons. As a racer I wish it was illegal to use then we could save a bunch of money and just use pump gas.

·
The Wizard
2,743 Posts
The race gas that most guys use here is the VP MR9 or U4. Leave it in the tank and it will eat the seals. It is a leaded gas that is also low octane, I think the U4 is 87.

The stuff that they use for the cars and the 2-stroke shifter karts is just high octane stuff.

I would consult with a motorcycle race shop

·
Registered
499 Posts
Stykman said:
Unless you are racing and are looking for that extra .5 second a lap, the only thing race gas will speed up is the emptying of your wallet. It will add a few horse but from the seat of the pants it will be hard to feel a difference. In some cases, depending on the race fuel that is used, it will also shorten the life of your motor for various reasons. As a racer I wish it was illegal to use then we could save a bunch of money and just use pump gas.
ehhh gas smash... :) Thanks for the great work you did on my bike, I will be back for sure.

·
Registered
30 Posts
fred said:
No You run it..or drink it..your preference.
Jet Fuel A is Kerosene with temperture stabilsers.

go for a Jet B :laughing if you can still find it....
wouldn't work anyways..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts