BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anybody else think this is a great idea? I am planning to take the race school next spring, but thought that this [idea posed by someone else] would be a little less intimidating. Any others interested??

·
Registered
1,661 Posts
i'm in! what are the requirements for your bike? do you have to get special insurance, tires, etc? post up on the details!

·
Chronic
4,472 Posts
I think you'll find the race school isn't intimidating at all, and you'd be suprised by the comradary, as everyone becomes one big friendly group for the day.
In fact, as most men would like to see more women involved in the sport, there's more encouragement than anything else.
I think a ladies day at Boundary is a great idea, ladies only rides as well, but racing is with everyone welcome, all types, even Bill, so the schools reflect that.
Just a thought.

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
Bernie I was looking for you last night to talk to about this.

I am going to take the race course either way, some people just feel more comfortable in an all women's environment, so we thought it would be an idea to ponder.

·
West Koots, I'm here....
3,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Bernie, you know me, I'm not concerned with taking a mixed race school. Just thought it would be good for those (myself included), that are somewhat self-conscious about their abilities at first.

·
Purevil is soooooo dreamy
2,762 Posts
tackle_me_2 said:
Count me in!
If you really want a Race School from West Coast Superbike School for girls, I'm sure I could round up some girls from Speedybikegirls.com and get enough to make it work.

So would all the girls that posted up here want to do it for next summer?
If I get a decent number I can talk to Troy and see if he can make it happen. :D

flyfishinwoman
squire
tackle_me_to
janesee
Newfie Girl

anyone else interested???

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
Flyin' said:
If you really want a Race School from West Coast Superbike School for girls, I'm sure I could round up some girls from Speedybikegirls.com and get enough to make it work.

So would all the girls that posted up here want to do it for next summer?
If I get a decent number I can talk to Troy and see if he can make it happen. :D

flyfishinwoman
squire
tackle_me_to
janesee
Newfie Girl

anyone else interested???
Spring Amber, spring!!! The sooner the better. Heck , I like rain riding....

AND would those 5 listed above commit so we could run a women's session out at BB in say mid September? Post up ladies, that would be a blast.

·
Member #899
2,609 Posts
I will most likely be taking / signing up for the first race course in the spring - if there's a women's group that would be great, otherwise I will be taking the regular course.

:thumbup

·
2,762 Posts
Flyin' said:
flyfishinwoman
squire
tackle_me_to
janesee
Newfie Girl
Megami
Ninja Girl
I'll push for a class in the Spring...

...gonna post up on Speedybikegirls and see if I can fill the grid. :D

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
Are we jumping the gun? Should we see if they will even run this for us first?

Amber I don't doubt you have contacts there, I have not been able to reach Bernie....

·
2,762 Posts
Newfie Girl said:
Are we jumping the gun? Should we see if they will even run this for us first?

Amber I don't doubt you have contacts there, I have not been able to reach Bernie....
Bernie wouldn't be the one to ask...
...it would be Troy, and I think I have a bit of pull there... ;)

I'm going to see if I can get a big enough "interested" list before any sold plans are made. I'll talk to Troy about it tonight. :thumbup

·
AKA Newfie Girl
2,321 Posts
Flyin' said:
Bernie wouldn't be the one to ask...
...it would be Troy, and I think I have a bit of pull there... ;)

I'm going to see if I can get a big enough "interested" list before any sold plans are made. I'll talk to Troy about it tonight. :thumbup

I figured because Bernie teaches there he might have some pull :drinkbeer . I'll leave it in your MORE then capable hands. Thanks Amber :thumbup

1 - 20 of 102 Posts