BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

81 - 100 of 102 Posts
Z

·
0 Posts
No idea if this thread is still being checked but I'd be interested in receiving the emails. Specifically, I would like to know about price for a course and also the approx prices for modifications to the bike (can you tell I'm a bit cash strapped - yes I am currently a student).
Hannah :)
email: [email protected]

·
Purevil is soooooo dreamy
2,762 Posts
You've been added to the list.
Ya should get an email soon. :thumbup

C

·
0 Posts
Hi girls. I'd be interested in the Spring time. First time going to a race school for women, that would be cool and fun.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I've been watching the free track stuff at boundary Bay and was offered to take a course. I would love too! but I have no idea of how to start or any advice from people about this interest. where do i begin?

·
Registered
35 Posts
count me in for sure!!!! been wanting to hit the track for a very long time.......girls please let me know when this is all gonna happen or post up the info that would be great:flashy

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I'm in! I'd love to be added to the list.

·
Ola???
15 Posts
I taught both men and women, and I think having mixed classes is better.

I find women don't push themselves as much when they are on their own, they seem to be a bit more competative with the guys around.

Same with men, when there are no women in the class, they compete the whole class. Women seem to bring them back in line, cause they don't want to do something and look silly in front of the chicks.

Men are generally more supportive of women, while women are more catty towards each other. Women compete with each other, but not in a constuctive way.

Just my thoughts....

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is an all women's race school in seattle. This year it is being held on July 30th, 2009. I've done it the last 3 years and it was awesome. It caters to all levels from first timers on the track (me 3 years ago) to expert level racers.

Check out the website:

www.sullivanraceschool.com

The day is a blast and I credit this school with getting me started on racing!!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
Maximgirl

I would love to attend a race class, women only, or mixed, either way. How much, and when?

·
Member #899
2,611 Posts
Hello ladies, come out to the Pitt Meadows Track Days next year to see if you like them OR go to the Westcoast Superbike School Track Daze on the 24th of September this year (if you haven't been out to a track yet).

You will be able to ride at your own pace and I'm sure if you ask someone you will be able to get a coach.

Have fun!!

·
Racing Red
384 Posts
Or come out to one of our BC Mini Racing race days. You can do laps during lunch, just to try it out. I'm happy to let you try my bike. :)

Here's Pookaloo on my NSR50.

Me and MC21.

About the earlier comment regarding whether girls are naturally better than guys, I can tell you that every year at the Nationals event I get my ass handed to me by 13 year old girls.

The kids are the ones to beat. Not so much because they're lightest (it helps), but some of these kids really know how to ride.

·
H2O Turbo Fitness
91 Posts
Island chicks? although they may be boyoctting BCSB right now...
LOL nah we just have our own forums on the Rock ;)

What will the approximate cost of this be? (keep in mind it's extra cost for us on the Island to come over...)

What's the track condition like? (I rode Pacific last year and LOVED it!)

p.s. don't be afraid to crash or push your limits - the track is exactly the place to do it! Not only do you have a bunch of guys helping you up afterwards, but you have ambulance services right there if necessary!

81 - 100 of 102 Posts