BC Sport Bikes Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the MotoGP season starting next Sunday I'm wondering if there are any places in Vancouver where race fans meet up to watch the races.

It's looking like it will be a very interesting season, and it would be cool to be able to share it with a bunch of like-minded people.

Cheers,
Dan

·
Registered
8,725 Posts
What we have done in the past is organize a get together at someone's house and watch the races.
Because of the time difference, we end up watching it on delay via the motogp no spoiler link
The Qatar race is in the evening so it's all good for us on the west coast.
There is usually one in the group that has a motogp.com subscription.

So, who's hosting the first round?
Race schedule
Sunday March 20 2011 Vancouver times

125ccRAC 09:00

Moto2RAC 10:15

MotoGPRAC 12:00

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Did this last year at a buddy's house...was nice to have everyone over, but it was a pain in the ass with all the blah blah blah....like STFU I wanna hear what's going on. :laughing

Think I'll stay home and maybe have 2-3 people over.

·
padawan
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've actually never watched the motogp.com footage (100 euros a year just ain't in our budget) but I'd imagine it is *wonderful*: no commercials; and Moto2 and 125 on race day! Wow :)

Who does the commentating: Nick Harris and Gavin Emmett?

[PS: Pee Wee - maybe an air horn would be an effective way to get people's attention...]

·
Registered
7,695 Posts
Suggestive punching works as well. Nick and Gavin do the business.

Yeah it's just 100 times better than on Speed. Honestly....I'd spend 200 euros for it.

I just told the missus I have 15 people coming over on Sunday and she needs to GTFO for about 4 hours.:laughing I don't, but would be nice with her out of the house as well.
She asked who's coming, and I just mentioned all the douchebags I ride with....she's making plans for sunday.:evilgrin

1 - 6 of 6 Posts