BC Sport Bikes Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
high side racing
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's almost time for the racing season to start for the "Speedway Roadracers Club" . I'm a new member to this club (and bcsb) so the information I can give you is kinda sketchy, but I can also leave a better conact than me so alls good. The long and the short of it is we're a fairly relaxed club out for FUN. Practice nights are Thurs from 6-8 (or dusk). racing is on Sat (May 11 June 1&15 Aug 3&4 & 17 Sept 21) at Saratoga Speedway in Saratoga beach. The track is located about an hour and a half or so north of Nanaimo ( take the Miricale Beach exit) on the inland Island Highway. Practice nights are $5.00 and race nights are about $20.00 ( plus club dues due at first race $20.00) check with Dean at [email protected] to confirm these figures but If I remember correctly they should be right. Leathers are manditory on race nights as are back protectors and the normal boots, helmets and gloves (leather). Your bike must be in good working order with all lenses/ lights either taped or removed and mirrors must be removed. I know this is a brief overview of what goes on up here in the boonies but we welcome anyone who wants to try us out as we're a great track to learn at. For more information conact Dean at [email protected] or Les at Redline Motorsports:250-339-2921 or email me at [email protected] and we'll do our best to answer any and all questions brought to us as quickly as possible. Have a great season and keep the ruberside down. A quick note if you want to try this out on a practice night no membership necesary leathers perfered but a Joe Rocket Balistic suit will be Ok (If your not sure if your riding gear will be Ok I would recommend contacting Les or Dean I'm not sure on the back protector on practice nights but rememer it's your body and accidents can happen)

S

·
0 Posts
I didn't know there was a track on the Island?
How long is it and how many turns?:)

·
high side racing
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not sure the exact distance of the track some where around 3/8ths of a mile. The start is at about 3/4 of the way down the main straight into turn 1 and 2 a sweeping?? left down the back straight is the dog leg (slight left) then a gentle right into an incline, at the end of the incline is a hard hairpin left back on to the main straight. It's a modified stock car track. Where the Cars make their turn three is our slight right up the return road for the drag racers. It isn't the most challenging course but bikes are hitting 140-160 kph and the quicker lap times are in the mid 21 second range.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts